Should I dye my older Mac?

Aug 14, 2013
Back in September I bought my very first Rebecca Minkoff bag, a rose coloured Mac from around 2010. I knew when I bought it that it was going to be quite used but I thought that I could get past that and it wouldn't bother me.. well, lo and behold it's sitting in my closet and barely gets any use.

I really don't want to keep a beautiful lamb skin bag in my closet collecting dust, so I'd like to do something about it. I read a bunch of posts about ladies using Tarrago dye on their Balenciaga bags and I thought, if it's safe for their bags it will be safe for a RM! I'm thinking of dying it black.

Opinions? Here is the bag below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 1.03.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 1.03.54 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 587
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 1.04.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 1.04.18 AM.png
    595.4 KB · Views: 522
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 1.04.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 1.04.33 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 529
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 1.04.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 1.04.42 AM.png
    950.2 KB · Views: 536
Hmm, I actually like the color a lot. Have you tried cleaning and conditioning the leather? I recently did it to an old mini mac that I bought 2nd hand and it fixed it up to look better. I think, if you still don't like it after you've given it a spa, then go for the dye. :smile: Good luck!

Hmm, I actually like the color a lot. Have you tried cleaning and conditioning the leather? I recently did it to an old mini mac that I bought 2nd hand and it fixed it up to look better. I think, if you still don't like it after you've given it a spa, then go for the dye. :smile: Good luck!

Hmm, no I haven't done that yet. What products do you recommend?

Back in September I bought my very first Rebecca Minkoff bag, a rose coloured Mac from around 2010. I knew when I bought it that it was going to be quite used but I thought that I could get past that and it wouldn't bother me.. well, lo and behold it's sitting in my closet and barely gets any use.

I really don't want to keep a beautiful lamb skin bag in my closet collecting dust, so I'd like to do something about it. I read a bunch of posts about ladies using Tarrago dye on their Balenciaga bags and I thought, if it's safe for their bags it will be safe for a RM! I'm thinking of dying it black.

Opinions? Here is the bag below.

Hi, I have the exact bag and it don't hold up dirt very well, corners are blackend, the bag has a dirty look, i used a leather cleaner but it don't seem to be able to clean the dirty areas. I tried to wash it but the color came back patchy!

Can you post pictures? I'd love to see how it turned out. I'm planning to spruce a pre loved one up as well :smile:

I agree the color is lovely and I wouldn't dye the bag. It would be different if you had a light colored bag that had a huge stain on it. Apple Care Products are good or Lovin My Bags which I use on my LV's and some of my RM's for conditioning.