Should I dye my flap?

vink

Trying to be good
O.G.
Apr 12, 2008
I have this tri-color fabric reissue and it’s very old the fabric starting to show spots, etc from getting stored. So, I’ve been stop using it for years and the color on the front flap turn lighter and not really even. I don’t want to use it like this, but despite the discoloration, everything is still fine with it. Should I get it dye? Don’t know what to do with it anymore. Bag spa doesn’t help.

This is the model of my flap, but it’s not my photo. I’m not home so I just grab a photo from google. My flap looks worse than this one you can clearly see the discoloration on the front and back.

IMG_4647.JPG

IMG_4648.JPG

It depends of your personal preference. For me, touch / feeling is the most important factor, that's why I prefer lamb over caviar. I believe after dying the leather doesn't feel as subtle and luxurious as it used to be, therefore, if I were in the same situation I just let it go.

Reactions: vink
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. [emoji4] I’ll go look for someone who can help me now. [emoji4] But first, ill have to dream what color I’d want for this bag to be. This will be fun! [emoji4]

I would redye it too! Sounds exciting! What colour will you be doing it??

I don’t know. The chain is gold. Like really gold. The leather inside is off-white/almost cream. I’m craving yellow at the moment and actually the side of this bag is yellow so that’s a possibility. [emoji848] But I’ll have to find someone to dye my bag first and see their suggestion, too. [emoji848]