Should I dye my Decolletes?

debwonger

O.G.
Aug 13, 2006
The threads about dyeing shoes has me thinking about dyeing my eel Decolletes to black, or something dark. They are Smoke, a very pale grey with a hint of blue. At first I thought would be a versatile color (and they were too good of a deal to pass up) but they've sat unworn for 6 months, even through summer. Every time I've wanted to wear them, it turns out my camel patent Decs looked better with the outfit. Am I just overlooking the right clothing combos? What would you wear them with, where they'd go better than a nude/camel? I have 6 prs of CL's and 4 are black, one camel, and these. Obviously I'm not adventurous with colored shoes, but am I nuts to be considering this???

PurseEnthusiast has a great pic of them (#791):

http://forum.purseblog.com/christia...-of-your-louboutins-72412-53.html#post3972904

Deb, I have the smoke eels too and haven't worn them yet. I am hoping to wear them with darker greys, black, navy and cream trousers and skirts. I have a number of heather grey cashmere sweaters and think they will look good with that combination.

Thanks for the input, gals. I think I'll try wearing them first with lighter jeans and gray sweaters, thanks for the suggestion! I'll still have the option to dye them later...I was thinking of dark grey or black.

I didn't know eel could be dyed - how cool! I personally love the color they already are - and I would wear them with different shades of gray and black. You could do a head to toe shading thing, like medium gray sweater, black pants, and the shoes, or go for jeans that would lighten things up a little. Good luck, and post outfit pics if you decide to keep them!

Berry colors are huge this fall, and these shoes would look Beautiful with Eggplant, Magenta, Bordeaux, purple.....dresses, skirts, pants....not sure if you would wear tights or not?? If so.... I think you could pull them off with tights:shrugs: