Should I dye my bag?

Emma94

Jan 28, 2013
I'm debating whether or not to dye my Balenciaga bag because I wore a coat that transferred it's colour on it so it looks so dirty. I've seen great results here on the forum and were thinking to dye it black. I know the leather won't be the same which discourage me a bit but now I rarely wear it because of it.
Is there anyone who've dyed the you Bal and do you regret it? :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    385.9 KB · Views: 241
I'm debating whether or not to dye my Balenciaga bag because I wore a coat that transferred it's colour on it so it looks so dirty. I've seen great results here on the forum and were thinking to dye it black. I know the leather won't be the same which discourage me a bit but now I rarely wear it because of it.
Is there anyone who've dyed the you Bal and do you regret it? :smile:

Dyeing it would be my last choice, it's a lovely colour/hardware combination. Have you tried to clean it, and if so, what have you used so far?

I agree with muchstuff...

Try your best to clean it first..

I have had a lot of success with rubbing off new jean transfer on light bags by using a regular white rubber eraser (the kind for school). I just rub gently and I find that the color lifts off right away.

There are many other methods of trying to clean it, but that's the only one I have experience with.

Good luck!

I've tried to clean it with babywipes and a eraser but it doesn't help :nogood: I don't know if it would be good to buy some kind of leather cleanser and if so do you have any suggestion?

I've tried to clean it with babywipes and a eraser but it doesn't help :nogood: I don't know if it would be good to buy some kind of leather cleanser and if so do you have any suggestion?

Check out some of the products on this site, I've only tried one or two but there are quite a few that say they take off colour applied to the original finish so they may help with colour transfer.

http://www.valentinogaremi.com/leather-care-c-2.html