**should I do it?????** Possible poppy glam tote situation! lol

divadivine682

~lots of love~
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
Alrighty ladies, I haven't bought anything coach for a whiiiiiile and I now have the opportunity to buy a black signature (black/black) poppy glam tote for $120 and am wondering if think thats a good deal. In excellently used condition (i haven't seen it yet personally). Is it a good bag? If you own one, how do you like the size and everything about it? As per the mannequin on coach.com, it appears to be a bigger bag, but i like that.....Also, any modelling pics would be SO appreciated! Thanks!

*gulp* should I treat myself to an early christmas gift?????:P

yes, it is the older model....hmmm...Im just not sure now. I reallllllly need an all black tote (currently using my juicy couture daydreamer but it gets waaay to heavy) and normally i steer away from siggy but really liked this one. :confused1:

I bought my glam tote a month or so ago in spearmint at the outlet, and I only paid $110.88 + tax with the 30% off and a 20% coupon. I think your price is too high for used, since I see different styles of totes in the outlet all the time. As far as my bag, I use it everyday for work, I can throw everything I need in there, my lunch, my paperwork, and still look stylish.;) I don't think it really looks as big on me as some other styles, because of the length of the handles, I'm 5'4" with short legs and the larger purses just eat me up. I don't have any modeling pics of mine, but I'm sure some of the other wonderful ladies on here do!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: YES!!
I love this bag, light weight, easy to carry. At my outlet they are about 149$ I think and 20% if you have a coupon. So you're doing well. I got an amzing deal on mine and its been hard for me to justify the outlet price.. I WANT ANOTHER ONE!!

I say go for it!!!!!!
yes, it is the older model....hmmm...Im just not sure now. I reallllllly need an all black tote (currently using my juicy couture daydreamer but it gets waaay to heavy) and normally i steer away from siggy but really liked this one. :confused1:

LOVE this bag. I think you should find one for sure. But I agree that $120 for a used one is a bit high. I paid $138 - 20% quite some time ago at the outlet for mine.

I bought ab older style glam tote at Dillard's on clearance for less than $100.00 new. So I think the price is way too high for a used bag. Especially since they are only $198.00 FP right?
But it is a great bag btw.

I've read threads before where the older black on black siggy Glam tote had peeling issues. The leather on the handles would peel badly. It was an issue with mainly this color for some reason. Honestly, you could probably get the newer version at the outlet pretty soon for the same price. I bought a brand new Glam tote (the older style also, but in the bronze/khaki color) at the outlet for the same price you are paying for a pre-owned one that could potentially have peeling issues.

I honestly appreciate all the advice from all of you.....here's what it all boiled down to: I definitely want this bag BUT i'm going to be persistant with calling my local outlet (only a 15-20 min drive) to score one that way and pass on the sellers offer. Besides, she is TERRIBLE with communication and waits at least 2 days between answering questions!!! So frusterating.

I think it's an awesome bag, but I think you are doing the right thing by passing on this particular one. The price is too high for used. My outlet had one a few weeks ago for less than that.