Should I do google checkout?

athena168

O.G.
Mar 25, 2008
Hi,

I am trying to sell my Chanel bag on ebay but I read all the bad reviews on paypal and decided not to use it for my protection. I read that google checkout has better seller protection policies. Should I use that instead of paypal? It's really anal how ebay doesn't allow google checkout to be used but on my listing I told the buyer to contact me for payment options.

Thanks

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I just joined it. You cannot offer it on ebay. The only way you can do it on ebay is to e-mail the buyer. And you still have to accept Paypal or have a merchant account with a CC company.

When you are new to google checkout, you cannot get your money out until 10 business days have passed. I sold something on bonanza yesterday and have to wait to get my $$$. After 60 days you get your $$$ 2 business days after the transaction.

cbarrus

O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
I have signed up to use it but have not as yet. I would like to hear more experiences, too, as others use it. I do like the fact that google does not set itself up as "judge and jury" the way Paypal does. If a buyer has a problem, they could file a chargeback with their CC company (so they still have that protection), but as a seller, you would stand a fighting chance, I think, with buyer's remorse. There are so many stories of Paypal not even investigating the seller's side of the story, that google is worth a shot, in my opinion.

Unique91

May 5, 2011
I have used Google checkout to register for my university extra curricular activities.
I know it's not really relevant to ebay stuff, but as an ebay seller and buyer, comparing with paypal, I prefer google checkout, and always use it over paypal if I can.

Haute Couturess

Black CDC Kelly pls!
O.G.
Feb 26, 2007
GoogleCheckout has much better seller protection policies. You can't put in your listings on ebay "I accept GoogleCheckout," but you can offer it to the buyer via email to pay that way. Paypal never backs up the seller. That's how they make their money. I never use Paypal unless absolutely necessary and even then almost never.