or consider getting lambskin instead?

this bag is going to be used for everyday
with option to go night

thank you everyone for the opinion

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 473
I would be very afraid of color transfer. Have you seen the bag irl? You might just be better saving up
Some money and buying a black one down the road.

If you want a white bag, I'd say get it. I'd rather spend my $$ on Chanel than any other white bag. Even if it does show color transfer, that's the beauty of the bag. It gives it character!!! At least others will know that you carry it rather than look at it. Haha

It's a beautiful bag, and caviar is better than lambskin in this color IMO. To better answer your question, we would need to know whether you 1) checked the bag's authenticity and 2) how great the deal is. Good Luck!

I love the look of white bags - it wouldn't be for me as I regularly spill things all over my white clothes... But if you love it then go for it!

Save for taupe/black/grey unless you want a white bag. I think white is pretty but it stains easy, so does beige....

Do you where white alot? because if i go out for dinner i usually grab a dark/black Chanel to match with my eve outfit/shoes...

Check corners, stains etc etc

good luck !

i think it's ok to have a white bag! but i suggest you look at it IRL. somehow the bag looks kinda yellowish & dirty around the edges.

I agree, definitely try to see the bag in person if possible. Also white for everyday use will be quite tricky to pull off. Personally if I were purchasing a white Chanel, it would have to be in pristine or new condition. Good luck deciding😊

I love white bags and have two of them, both caviar. I wear my white Chanel bags a lot in the summer. No color transfer problems at all.

So, I would definitely get a white bag. But, I do not like GHW with white and prefer SHW.

I would pass on this bag for that reason. White with a gold chain looks dated to me, very 80s. If the bag had silver hardware, no doubt, get it.

But if you like gold with white, I would get it. White bags in the summer are so chic.

I personally would never touch a white bag for everyday use. Too high maintenance. Also if you want to sell it down the road, white seems to take longer to sell on consignment sites compared to other colors, and usually at a lower value.

hy everyone
this might sound like a strange question
but I have an opritunity to get a great deal
on a chanel double flap caviar classic 2.55 bag
gold hardware in WHITE size jumbo

though I think the color would fit summer
and I do lack this color in small bag
i'm terrified about color transfer and damaging the bag

am i over reacting and I should take the plunge
or save for a different color
or consider getting lambskin instead?

this bag is going to be used for everyday
with option to go night

thank you everyone for the opinion
White is never an option for an everyday bag for me. I will become too OCD in terms of color transfer so for me even if the price is tempting it is better to go with the classic black in the long run.

If you want a white bag, I'd say get it. I'd rather spend my $$ on Chanel than any other white bag. Even if it does show color transfer, that's the beauty of the bag. It gives it character!!! At least others will know that you carry it rather than look at it. Haha

intresting point, I like to see bags that are obviously been used than kept
in a dust bag (and I don't tend to baby my bags)