Should I choose chanel PST or Prada Small Saffiano Lux tote for everyday bag?

Apr 26, 2010
Hi, dear TPFers! I need a practical work bag, black color and lightweight. Hard to decide between PST and prada saffiano.

PST is more feminine and price always goes up, but I don't like the open top (no zip). Prada Saffiano small tote has zip and strap for cross body, but it looks too formal and always goes on sale. Which one to choose? Such a dilemma!

Attachments

• chanel_pst.jpg
    chanel_pst.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 2,294
  • prada_saffiano.jpg
    prada_saffiano.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 2,568
I'd go with PST and if you decide u don't care for it after while you can sell it for close to retail and have enough to get the Prada. if you do it reverse you'll never get near your money back with the Prada to buy the PST.

Have u considered the Medallion Tote? I had same issue with GST about the open top so I ended up getting the Medallion for times when I want to be able to close it.

I personally like the GST. I tried on the PST but it was just too small, and I am very petite myself. PST seemed more like an evening bag, not a work bag. I recommend the GST if you like the PST look but want more space for files/folders/work related items.

The Prada is gorgeous too, but like you mentioned, it goes on sale. With Chanel there is no buyer's remorse IMHO! Good luck, and let us know what you decide on.

I never saw Medallion tote in store before, so not sure how it looks on me. Yeah, I agree with u on PST value. Not sure if PST will increase price again.

I'd go with PST and if you decide u don't care for it after while you can sell it for close to retail and have enough to get the Prada. if you do it reverse you'll never get near your money back with the Prada to buy the PST.

Have u considered the Medallion Tote? I had same issue with GST about the open top so I ended up getting the Medallion for times when I want to be able to close it.

I tried GST, it's kind of big and heavy for me. I am petite, don't carry a lot to work, so space is not a issue for me.

Yeah, the main reason preventing me from buying prada is it going on sale.

I personally like the GST. I tried on the PST but it was just too small, and I am very petite myself. PST seemed more like an evening bag, not a work bag. I recommend the GST if you like the PST look but want more space for files/folders/work related items.

The Prada is gorgeous too, but like you mentioned, it goes on sale. With Chanel there is no buyer's remorse IMHO! Good luck, and let us know what you decide on.

As an everyday work bag, I would go for Prada. I love all of my Chanels, but I would not use them as everyday work bags just because I like to be stress free with my work bag (stuffing it with files, misc. large items, food, water, throwing it into car seat, office, etc.) and not have to worry about it being damaged. But that's just me :smile:

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think the style that you want goes on sale normally?

PST looks a bit too small for work/everyday. I agree with the other ladies, if you do decide to go with Chanel, go for the GST/Cerf or even ITB?

Good luck!