Should I choose Anemone or Raisin Birkin

Which would you choose

• Raisin Birkin Clemence 35

• Anenome Birkin Epsom 35

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 9, 2010
Hi ladies I was originally going to get a Togo 35 B in Anemone but my store has only ordered it in Epsom but I've found out that I can also have raisin so should I choose that instead ?
The Raisin Birkin is Clemence leather GHW...... Looking at the leather samples the raisin looks very dark & I really wanted a pop colour but my lovely SA said I'd be mad not to take Raisin.

Any help is greatly appreciated :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nico_79

Jan 10, 2013
Hi ladies I was originally going to get a Togo 35 B in Anenome but my store has only ordered it in Epsom but I've found out that I can also have raisin so should I choose that instead ?
The Raisin Birkin is Clemence leather GHW...... Looking at the leather samples the raisin looks very dark & I really wanted a pop colour but my lovely SA said I'd be mad not to take Raisin.

Any help is greatly appreciated :biggrin:
Ahh what a lovely dilemma to have!

Personally I'd choose Raisin because I love the chameleon factor, but if you really think it's too dark then go with Anemone. Don't let someone else dictate what you want!

luckylove

Sep 5, 2012
I love raisin, but it is definitely not a pop color color. I think it is fabulous if you want to add a dark neutral. How do you feel about epsom? I personally like it only on smaller leather goods so it may be a deal breaker on the anemone for me. I think it is important to love both the color and the leather. Would you be interested in raisin for this bag and waiting for a pop color for your next one?

jyyanks

Sep 15, 2013
I would kill for a Raisin, it's my ultimate dream color. A deep rich dark yummy purple that actually makes a great neutral. That being said, I just bought a raisin dalvy in box and am super excited so I 'm biased. I haven't seen anemone but Im sure its just as beautiful. Check out the color threads for some pictures that may help you determine if the color will work. Either way, you can't go wrong!

Goldfox

Scarfiesta
Apr 20, 2013
I think I'm in love with Anemone, but have yet to see it IRL and on something as dominating as a bag. In a leather as light-reflecting as Epsom, I do wonder which tone will be highlighted. In purples, I'm more partial to deep red tones, rather than blue or pink tones. Personally, I would choose the Clemence, being confident I get the colour I foresaw getting. Nonetheless, my heart is raising for Raisin! I adore Raisin in Box. Some of that nice, deep irresistibleness disappears with a pebbled canvas, but it's still the prettiest purple in stores. Raisin is not just a colour, it has it's own personality! Anemone is just a newbie. For now.

arabesques

O.G.
Oct 27, 2008
I've seen old Raisin in Clemence and it's beautiful; you can find pictures of the new version if you hunt.

I have Raisin in Epsom and it's divine. Epsom is also fantastic for pop colors and it's fabulously light. I've chatted with other members and we agree—we don't know why people pick on Epsom. It's light, wears very well, and is easy to wear no matter the weather.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
I would choose Raisin partly because it's subtle, but from what you have stated Anemone and in Epsom sound perfect for you

I am pretty sure I saw an Anemone Constance last week, it certainly would be a purple 'pop' :biggrin:

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
I'm not a fan of either leather. I love smooth leathers just not Epsom. If we were to put the leather choice aside for just a moment, I'd go for the pop of color, anemone.

Raisin in clemence is very dark . Unless the sun lights upon it you aren't going to have your pop of color but a hint of raisin. Clemence, though hearty, is heavy. Epsom will be lighter in weight and will give you that pop of color.

When you presented the situation you said you wanted a pop of color. . . Listen to you and go with what you want and if neither speaks to you, wait until you get the color and leather that excites you.

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
If it was me, I would pick Raisin because I really like that color and I think it's an interesting, beautiful neutral that will go with a lot.
Anemone sounds great too, but for me, I would prefer it in a smaller bag like a 30 Birkin.
However, it's not about my preferences but yours :biggrin:. Do you want a bag that 'pops' (I do think your gorgeous Rouge Vif B also pops beautiful) or do you prefer something more neutral?
Pick the one that sings to you, don't go for a color only because your SA says you would be crazy not to take it ;). Pick the one that works for you, the one that makes you smile.
Good luck with your decision!

CookyMonster

Hermesian
O.G.
Aug 3, 2011
Clemence over epsom, coz soft leather looks more effortless & carefree. Raisin will go easily with most clothes & it is a very rare colour, it is destined to be a great classic. Amemone? I guess we'll soon be seeing a lot of amemone in this forum soon - accesories, SLGs, bags, etc etc