Should I call?

boracaysun

Oct 13, 2008
I got an inquiry on my item. This is the first time that there isn't actually a question. All it said was - call me xxx-xxx-xxxx
I replied and ask if they have a question about the item (i wanted to make sure it was not phishing of some sort).
I got a reply back - so are you going to call or no?

Should I be wary? This is the first time I got inquiry like this. The member has more than 1000 feedbacks. But on the first page alone, most of it is from the same seller. I gave me the feeling that this member just bought the name that has existing feedbacks.
Item I am selling is a high-ticket designer handbag.

That sounds very strange. Personally, I would not call unless I knew what their question was in regards to.

You should just write back and state that if they have a question, you will be happy to respond via e-mail.

Weird.... you don't want a weirdo (who likely has caller ID) to get your phone number, do you?

I never thought of the caller ID!!! I thought at first, I won't lose anything. But then again, even I myself won't call a seller if I'm the buyer. I think it would be too weird. If the seller entertains calls, then they would include their phone number right?
Weird, right? i thought it was just me. I want to provide utmost customer service but I guess I have to draw the line.

I never thought of the caller ID!!! I thought at first, I won't lose anything. But then again, even I myself won't call a seller if I'm the buyer. I think it would be too weird. If the seller entertains calls, then they would include their phone number right?
Weird, right? i thought it was just me. I want to provide utmost customer service but I guess I have to draw the line.

Have you tried a reverse phone # lookup on the # they gave you? Could be someone selling something, which could explain the vague & weird messages! Seriously, what's with the "are you going to call or no?" message? That's just rude, to me anyway.

I guess if you use your cell number to call them, they can't find where you live or anything, but you never know... I wouldn't chance it.

As a seller, I have given a buyer my phone number. But, only after we have conversed several times.

I would understand if she asked you a question and then politely asked if you wouldn't mind giving her a call.

Just to weird for me. Oh and cell phone numbers can be traced!

I wouldn't call. Because if they harass you or cause problems, ebay doesn't cover any communications about ebay/items if it's not through ebay's communication system.

I always check the box to hide my email and always use ebay's messaging system. I would politely thank her for giving you her number, but would feel more comfortable using ebay's communication system for both of your protection in case something goes wrong.

Just FYI
There are a lot of phone scames going on right now. I have heard of them when you call you get charged. I have talk to ebayers via phone. I have even had them call me. However we have converesed several times prior. What I find really concerning is that you said all of the feedback is from the same person? Like the bought their feedback? That is what is making me ultimately nervous. I for sure wouldn't call on this one.

You should look up their phone number via advanced search. See if it even matches the one they are giving you-or is even similar. Then do a reverse look up.