Should I Buy...

IrishGal83

Sep 16, 2007
I eventually want a K or a B... so obviously I have to start a relationship. My last big purchase was a Chanel Double Flap... but I can get a Garden PArty in etoupe... which is my favorite neutral. But $3800 for a tote? What should I do??

I eventually want a K or a B... so obviously I have to start a relationship. My last big purchase was a Chanel Double Flap... but I can get a Garden PArty in etoupe... which is my favorite neutral. But $3800 for a tote? What should I do??
Don't.
You shouldn't buy such an expensive item if you are not really in love with.

Reactions: PJW5813
I'd also like to add who you buy it from is also important, not just what you buy. I also don't believe in buying things you don't like just to build up a profile. Hermes is a quality brand with many different products and patterns/colors. There's always going to be something for everybody. If the GP isn't for you, don't get it.

I can seriously recommend the GP as a wonderful casual shopper > smart work tote, but I'm agreeing with others here, no point in buying a bag you don't crave. Have a look the Ode to the GP thread (H club house) and think it over. Plenty of times I prefer to carry my GP over my K.

If you think you will enjoy shopping at H and are thinking of starting a longterm relationship with the brand you will find there are so many wonderful products you suddenly find you cannot possibly live without. Drop in and just browse and look what else they have to offer. You will get your B or K, just take your time.

I agree with everyone here- don't buy a tote for close to $4000.00 just so you can get a B or K (which might be in a combo you may not even want, lol.). Use the $4000 toward buying one from a reseller, once you get it authenticated.

Also, I owned 2 GPs in 36cm, and have to tell you no matter how much I wanted to make them work, I couldn't. It is, in my opinion, a clumsy and awkward bag in all leather and size 36. I think in a the smaller size and fabric combo, it is more sturdy.

In either case, again, before anyone disagrees with me, in my opinion, it is one of the lowest-quality bags Hermes makes.

You don't sound really convinced about the Garden Party. And 3.8K is quite some money which would be a waste to spend on something you don't love for 100%.
So why don't you take your time, start browsing in H., find a nice SA and visit their boutique often.
Perhaps you fall in love with other things, H. has so many beautiful items, just take your time to discover them. If you show true interest in the brand and not only the bags, who knows what might happen. No guarantees, but sometimes it's just a matter of luck and a good relationship with a SA ;).
Just never settle for something you don't love because that would be a waste. Good luck!

I don't even think the garden party really counts toward a b or k does it because it's a leather good. If you love the bag then that's the only reason to get it. I have one and will say it's a wonderful bag. But it does have its drawbacks. It's really a crook of your arm tote. The 36 is also huge and you can't really wear it comfortably over the shoulder. Let us know what you decide!

Reactions: chicinthecity777
I love the GP. It's my under-the-radar work bag. But I think it's overpriced. I have two and bought both preloved. I find it easy to carry on shoulder but I am quite small.
That said I agree, don't buy anything you don't want to get a Birkin or Kelly. Better to pay a few thousand over retail and get exactly what you want. I will never work with an SA who tells me I have to spend a certain amount.