Should I buy this Prada bag?

Jadester

Mar 14, 2008
Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a bag that is very hard to get. It's the Prada Glace Calf Buelleto, I think it's called. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

There is a little "scruff" on the top corner, but it is a bag that is very hard to get and I am very tempted to buy it. I just need to know if the "scruff" is superficial and go ahead with the buy, or do not get it at all.

Is it worth the $1320???

Attached are a pictures.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Prada Glace Calf.jpg
    Prada Glace Calf.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 644
  • Prada Glace Calf 2.jpg
    Prada Glace Calf 2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 782
Hrm... this is a tough choice!

The bag seems so expensive to be damaged :sad: But I may understand how you feel. I spent $1,200+ on my Miu Miu bow and it already has problems but I love it so much I am willing to keep it with the damages.

So it all leads down to, HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT/LOVE THE BAG?

If you love it alot, get it. It's worth your money if you love it and hard to find! :tup:

Well, I guess I'd get it if I were you- it's a very lovely bag and it'll scuff eventually anyway, when you're using it. My prada was a bit scuffed (calf glace zipper-my avater) when I bought it, as was my mcqueen novak. Just buy it an love it with it's unique scuff.

Which style is this bag? what's the regular price? are you buying from a department store? what's the return policy? ask for a discount since it is 'damaged'. if they give you a discount and you are allowed to do a return (in case) and you really like this bag, then I would buy it. Don't buy it just because it's 'hard-to-get'.

FYi, bluefly has something similar but in gray/slate combo from time to time (along with other styles)... it's slightly less: http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp;jsessionid=ILuzIYmfbouMaXPWpGQAQj520AXm1t72dGQniyMtOgRCf1p3t3ac!-165491380!app5.l3.bluefly.com!7005!8005?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2075834335&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2056196515&cm_mmc=CJ-_-2306722-_-2874631-_-Product%20Catalog&referer=cjunction_2874631_10436858_

P.S. hmmm... that bench seat looks familiar.... which department store are you at?

Thanks ladies. The discount wasn't very much; 5 percent.

The sales associate said that the "scruff" was very tiny and in the back of the bag; not noticeable. I trust her.

Sales tax and shipping was waived as well, and yes, the retail price was 1320.

LaLa, below is the article code and description of the bag. And yes, it's the big tote with pink and black fading. They also have/had the white and black fading. Attached is a picture.

BL0481 Bauletto Glace Calf 1 Ardesia+Nudo TU

Attachments

• Prada.jpg
    Prada.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,018
Very nice...maybe you can bring it to a leather shop or lovingmybags.com and they can refurbish it for you...? Just a thought. They've worked wonders on other members' bags.

Love the degrade bags, congrats on a deal!