Should I buy these diamonds studs from Ebay???!!! Thanks!

guccissima

O.G.
Apr 11, 2007
:yahoo:Hi ladies,
Could you let me know if this is a good deal? I've been eyeing this on Ebay. It's currently at Buy it now for $1750 or make best offer.
What is a fair price for these?
Also, are retail prices usually inflated significantly through Ebay? It seems as if all items are too good to be true.
Below are specs:

Gem Type:
100% Natural Diamonds
Carat Weight:
1.50 Total Carat
Cut:
Round Brilliant
Color:
White (GH)
Clarity:
VS-SI
Measurements:
5.78 mm; Screw Backs
Metal Type:
Solid 14K White Gold
E. Retail Price:
$5,950.00

hmm.. my SI2 G .78 round stone costed me 2700 from shaneco .. a lot of ebayer over guess their details.. so a GH is more like a JK and VS/Si is like a I1. unless its certified it is over guessed..

I'm wondering, which are they, G OR H?
Are they VS OR SI and which one; VS1, VS2 and are the SI's, SI1 or SI2. . .?
how's the cut, cut is most important.

^really? You think even w/o knowing the cut?
I wouldn't recommend buying these.

I completely agree especially with studs the MOST important in MY oppinion is the cut--I wasn't as picky with my clarity since they are not closely examined by naked eye in your ear but in my oppinion cut is huge because you want them to pop on your ears..

round brilliant isn't the cut, that's the shape.
Cut could be excellent, ideal, etc. . .

I'll look, but this is his own certification. . . that doesn't really count.

OK, I still personally say no.
It's his own certification, so of course it'll reflect whatever he wants the customer to believe.
It doesn't show real photos, just stock. . . it doesn't discuss the cut grade, etc. . . .
for that price and weight, they're probably not going to wow you.

Just my unprofessional opinion.

i would be wary...i'm also on the hunt for new diamond studs, and buying without seeing from a place like ebay is iffy at best....especially since the appearance of studs in real life really do make a difference. ever go to a place like macy's and look at their studs? they have such a wide mix of qualities, it's baffling to see the difference! if the cut is poor, they'll look like sapphires or CZ's in ur ear. good luck in ur decision making!

OK, I still personally say no.
It's his own certification, so of course it'll reflect whatever he wants the customer to believe.
It doesn't show real photos, just stock. . . it doesn't discuss the cut grade, etc. . . .
for that price and weight, they're probably not going to wow you.

Just my unprofessional opinion.

Totally agree. That's a lot of money on something where there is no certainty as well.

I was looking on ice.com and overstock.com today... and they had 1 1/2 carat total weight.. in that price range.. but the cut and color... wasn't the greatest. I am assuming that is the same thing.. with the ones you see on ebay.