Should I buy the bag even if the seller has accused me of being 'not interested'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytnguyen26

Member
Nov 12, 2013
163
70
Here's the story,

So, I guess it was my fault at first. I saw a wonderful Dior bag on ebay with best offer option. my heart beat so hard that I immediately make an offer (mistake #1). Then, I was just wondering if the seller accept it, then it would create a binding contract between us before I'm sure that the bag is authentic. So, I made a request for authentication on Purse Forum here, retracted offer, and send seller a note explaining my retraction of offer, with a huge apologie, and that I am waiting for it to be authenticate.

It came out to be authentic. Ok, I requested a picture of the owner holding the bag (on her left arm, I think this make her feels ridiculous?!). But she still sent me the pictures, and asked if I wanted more pictures. I answered her: "No. I'm good [with these]. Thank you'.

Then, I offer her a price, she declined it. Okay.
I offered her a higher price.
Then, she sent me a note asking 'are you gonna retract this time'.
I answer 'No, I'm not [retracting]'.

She declined it again, and sending me a big note. 'Not professional at all after my accommondation. You should not making an offer to item you're not serious in buying.' I'm like, no?!.

I think may be because i retracted offer the first time, so that she thinks I'm not interested in buying. But I did explain the fact to her, and we exchanged info after that (this make me think she forget about that). I made an offer to her, and she was the one who declined it. If she thinks it's too low (90$ difference to BIN, I just want a whole number), she can always counter offer.

I'm not sweating over a 90$ difference. I really want that item now that I will pay for it immediately (I have 0 negative feedback as buyer). But the fact that she's telling me that somewhat I'm a liar bumps me alot. Should I just ignore it and just buy my bag anyway, or should I let this transaction go?

Thank you very much lady for listening to me. I'm not accusing the seller, nor that I'm claiming I am completely innocent in this matter. But I'm very sensitive to these things...:rain::cry::crybaby:
 
Apr 15, 2007
62,931
6,326
You retracted your bid & the seller might be thinking she might have issues with
you. First you want it & then you don't

You have to understand her position as well...

In hindsight, you should have had the bag authenticated first & then placed your
bid.

What I might do, is give your seller a day or so to cool down & then reapproach her
with a lovely note explaining how you would like to have the bag & would she
reconsider your offer & hope for the best.

If your seller doesn't respond, that's the way it goes unfortunately, but you will
have learned a little something & that is important as well.
 

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
8,557
5,940
'Not professional at all after my ac

commondation. You should not making an offer to item you're not serious in buying.' I'm like, no?!.

y (I have 0 negative feedback as buyer).

You mention $90 off BIN as your last offer, but you had made two other offers before that. If they were lowball offers, that could be compounding the seller's thoughts about your seriousness, in addition to the retraction. Did you lowball?

Also, note that all buyers have 0 negative feedback as buyers. That's how eBay works. So your behavior is not 100% obvious from seeing only positives.

If you're sensitive about the attitude, of course you can walk away and wait for another situation. It's your call.
 

mytnguyen26

Member
Nov 12, 2013
163
70
Thank you ladies! I think I learned the lesson. I love the bag, and I just gonna ignore the seller and buy it anyway. After all, I'm in love with the bag, not neccessarily with the seller

:smile:

Thank you again for your comment :amuse::amuse:
 
Sep 11, 2006
6,833
2,209
U.K.
Agree with other posters. You submitted an offer without a suitable amount of research then retracted it telling the seller you were waiting on authentication.


You then ask for a very specific picture which may have perturbed your seller somewhat.


You then made another offer which was declined.
Then another offer which was declined.


She might, in fact, have added you to her blocked bidders' list so you might find you can't purchase at the BIN price anyway.


At the end of the day it depends how strongly you feel about the bag compared to the seller's approach. I can't see anywhere where you could assume she's called you a liar, in my opinion.
 

missbanff

Done here
O.G.
May 19, 2007
10,019
8
I'm going to be brutally honest but will try to be as kind as possible.

I would have blocked/ignored you after the retraction.

Please understand that eBay has made it almost impossible for a seller NOT to "earn" any defects since that whole silly rating scale was implemented. Couple that with the absence of TH and most sellers are EXTREMELY jittery. Blocking a potential PITA is our only form of defense now.

Everything about this transaction screams "PITA buyer".

-a retraction on a BO because you didn't authentic prior to making the offer
-a new offer which may or may not have been lower than the first
-a slightly higher offer followed by a request for additional photos

EVERY buyer has "100% feedback". Buyer FB is totally meaningless.

Please use this as a learning experience and I sincerely don't mean to sound harsh.
 

mytnguyen26

Member
Nov 12, 2013
163
70
Hi ladies!

I went ahead and purchased the item at BIN, and paid for it.
But anyway, I hope she'll ship my bag quickly :smile:
 
Last edited:

mytnguyen26

Member
Nov 12, 2013
163
70
No I am not intending to bombard her or giving her a hard time. I just sent a note to her.
"Eventhough you are handling shipping within 3 days, may I ask if you can ship ot out today or tomorrow?
If not, no biggie"

I think it's okay :smile: she confirmed that she'll ship out tomorrow.

Thanks everyone
 

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
9,289
45
Michigan
www.nikitajade.etsy.com
No I am not intending to bombard her or giving her a hard time. I just sent a note to her.
"Eventhough you are handling shipping within 3 days, may I ask if you can ship ot out today or tomorrow?
If not, no biggie"

I think it's okay :smile: she confirmed that she'll ship out tomorrow.

Thanks everyone
Your note is very polite and nice, though for future transactions, keep in mind the position that sellers are in, and ask any questions (including those regarding shipping) before offers or purchases. Your seller may have been planning to ship tomorrow anyway, but because sellers are so vulnerable to feedback and ratings, no matter how polite your request, she may feel pressured to ship earlier than she normally would.

Happy to help! :smile:
 
Apr 15, 2007
62,931
6,326
No I am not intending to bombard her or giving her a hard time. I just sent a note to her.
"Eventhough you are handling shipping within 3 days, may I ask if you can ship ot out today or tomorrow?
If not, no biggie"

I think it's okay :smile: she confirmed that she'll ship out tomorrow.

Thanks everyone


The seller sounds like she is doing her best to accomodate you as quickly
as she can.

Again, be patient with shipping time... Your seller can't be held responsible
if the package doesn't arrive when you expect it to...

Enjoy the bag & glad it worked out for you...
 

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
8,557
5,940
No I am not intending to bombard her or giving her a hard time. I just sent a note to her.
"Eventhough you are handling shipping within 3 days, may I ask if you can ship ot out today or tomorrow?

If not, no biggie"

I think it's okay :smile:
You "think it's okay" because you think entirely from your wants and do not see yourself from the seller's point of view. I find it amazing that you went back into an already strained transaction and asked her to ditch her stated terms. Wow.

If this is your pattern you'll be on many blocked bidder lists.
 
Apr 15, 2007
62,931
6,326
You "think it's okay" because you think entirely from your wants and do not see yourself from the seller's point of view. I find it amazing that you went back into an already strained transaction and asked her to ditch her stated terms. Wow.


Something to be said about this for sure, IYKWIM...

But hopefully this will work out for the seller as well as the buyer...

This sounds like a buyer who could care less about being on a blocked seller's list

She dances to her own tune....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.