Should I buy kelly gold 35 clemence?

jewelgem

Jul 8, 2010
Hi everyone,
I don't live near a Hermes store and am dying for a Kelly bag. A store 2 hrs away has a gold 35 clemence with gold hardware. I have never been a gold person, do not want black, and am thinking maybe gold would be classic and neutral. Am i trying to talk my self into this? I so love color bags but I have never thought of gold. Any thoughts? Thanks. Otherwise I have to wait until I see one on a trip sometime.
jewelgem

Have you taken a look at the reference library thread on leather colors and leather types to see what gold clemence looks like? Gold is really not "gold" (as in the color of gold jewelry) but a nice neutral color slightly darker than camel. Gold color leather -- Birkin or Kelly -- is a very popular color.

Thanks for your reply. I may drive down and take a look and see if I am in love with the color in person. If not, I better wait, given the investment. Last year I saw 2 in SF; one in green and a blue and now I can kick myself for not buying one or the other

There is a recent picture posted today of Olivia Palermo in the Stars and Hermes thread carrying her gold Birkin, have a look at it it will give you an idea of how gold is IRL.

Here's duna's Kelly in Courcheval:

attachment.php

Have you visited the Clubhouse thread?

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-clubhouse/you-are-gold-share-your-love-color-gold-160882.html

If it sings, then buy - if not then wait til your dream bag comes along and it will!

BTW My nearest H is a 2 hour drive away and I go there just to "take a look". Who knows how you'll feel unless you see it IRL?:graucho::graucho:

Thanks HermesFSH.I did read the gold thread and it was very helpful to hear how many people loved the gold. The size they have is a 35 and I thought a 32 would be just the right size. Is there a huge difference? I am not a huge bag person because I don't carry that much. That being said, I'm flexible. I think driving 2 hrs to take a look would be worth it and be fun-just don't want to make an impulse decision because I'm there

Thanks HermesFSH.I did read the gold thread and it was very helpful to hear how many people loved the gold. The size they have is a 35 and I thought a 32 would be just the right size. Is there a huge difference? I am not a huge bag person because I don't carry that much. That being said, I'm flexible. I think driving 2 hrs to take a look would be worth it and be fun-just don't want to make an impulse decision because I'm there

How tall are you? There is a size reference thread too showing a Gold 35 Kelly:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-reference-library/size-reference-guide-pics-only-91703.html look at post number 6

Is it sellier or retourne?

There is a big difference between 32 and 35. Personally I think 32 is more versatile. I don't carry much either and I don't have enough to fill a 32 on most days. I've tried 35 and the proportion isn't right for me. It's OK if I hold it in the crook of my arm but gets too low (too close to the ground) if I simply hold it with one hand and wear flat shoes.
I have a Kelly in gold Togo with GH and the color/leather combination is very versatile.
Your best bet is to take a look in person and try holding it.

I agree about the size from the ones I've see and I remember thinking the 32 would be the perfect size. The store only has a 35 or 40, so I may drive the 2 hrs just to start a relationship with the SA; otherwise the next chance I have will be for a trip in Sept and I may be able to stop in the SF store. Only other close one for me is Chicago and they won't tell you over the phone. UGH~ How does everyone get their Kelly's? That may have to be my new thread

I agree there is a big difference in the 32 & 35 (As well, as the 35 & 40 you were offered). Actually, all Kelly sizes really vary for me.

If you can, I would definitely try them both on (This is how I know what i like).

Good luck, I can't wait to hear what you choose.

If its not right then let it go. You seem to be unsure of the size, I admit it would be too big for me but I know a SA at Hermes who is shorter than me (she's about 5'2") and she has a 35 Kelly so everyone is different.

I still think you should see it, or you will always be wondering, especially if it takes a while to track down another. Would your store do a search for a 32?

I don't know HermesFSH but I can't believe I am doing this at 4 in the morning.Are we nuts? Thanks for chatting! I need to go today and just try i on or I won't know. My hunch will be a 32

I don't know HermesFSH but I can't believe I am doing this at 4 in the morning.Are we nuts? Thanks for chatting! I need to go today and just try i on or I won't know. My hunch will be a 32

It's 4am there? It's 9.38am here! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ETA Just read on another thread that baileylab's first bag was a Gold 32 Kelly, why not pm her?

Last edited:
gold clemence is gorgeous IMO. clemence is perfect for a 35 kelly -- very soft. and I find the 35 is my perfect size (I am 5.5"). It's truly a matter of personal taste/preference re sizes.