Should I buy from e-luxury or vuitton.com?

narico

Always Ready to Shop
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
Hi ladies, I read some threads about getting used bags from elux. So now I am sceptical about buying from there. I have never bought from elux before, so I was wondering if I could get some advice from all of you here.

Elux offers free shipping so I was initially planning to get it from there.
Shipping from LV.com direct is an extra $17, but I don't mind paying if it's guaranteed to be perfect. Or doesn't it matter really where we get it from?

Any bad experiences buying from LV.com directly just as same as elux? :s

I just bought a inclusion bracelet from eluxury and it was free shipping.
Also, if you don't live in California or Tennessee, there is NO tax.
They are really one in the same though, if you buy from LV.com and have to return it, it goes back to elux.

I much prefer eluxury. I have ordered so many times from elux with mostly great experiences. On the contrary, I've ordered from vuitton.com and had negative experience. I ended up returning the item to louisvuitton.com within the 14 day return policy. I shipped it with insured fedex signature required shipping, it showed it was signed for by one of their employees within a week of shipment. 2 months later Louisvuitton.com still insisted they couldn't find my return box and then all of a sudden 2.5 mos later I receive the item shipped back to me in a new box from louisvuitton.com saying that it was no longer returnable so they shipped it back to me. I think they are very unorganized and ended up doing a credit card dispute.

With people purchasing things in the boutiques that turn out to have flaws/quality control problems I don't think buying from lv.com is a guarantee of perfection. You'll need to check the items carefully no matter where you buy. I've had great luck so far with eLux. Ordered once from LV and no problem either.

Ive never went thru vuitton-com, its a relatively site to purchase LV ITEMS.
I have bought many,many LV items and they are came new and with plastic on handles, with dustbags and in LV BOXES. I did have on baf with an obvious to me ink mark on it , it was the new alms epi in ivory. I called immediately and they rerurned , credited me and sent me another bag within no time.
I get there things the next day or two with regular ground, b/c their warehouse is in Memphis, not far from me.
I am VIP , PRIORITY shipping, but I choose standard.
I do get a pre-paid return label, which is nice .
I've heard the horror stories, and thats really aweful, but my experience has been wonderful , since I don't have an LV neaR me.I especially love no tax!!!!!
Now you can get free shipping, but you have to purchase something non-LV.-I usually get some bath item, soap or crystals, so i get it free and get something without paying shipping.
Please give it a TRY-THEN form your own opionon-I love them!!!

I have purchased a couple of items from e-lux and it has been a great experience. The items come very fast and they are packaged beautifully. The items themselves have been in perfect condition, handles wrapped in plastic, zippers worked smoothly, etc. I really can't say enough about them.

I have only had one problem with eLux and they rectified the problem immediately. I like free shipping and no sales tax. In fact, I have 3 orders on the way. I have never bought from LV.com, so I don't know what they're like.

Eluxury is owned by louis vuitton, that is why for awhile they were the only legitimate on-line vendor. You can look it up.

Elux is owned by LVMH. Louis Vuitton is also owned by LVMH. They share the same parent company.

I think LV ships out of the same facility as Elux because it is in TN and has something to do with shipping costs and Fedex main facility also being located there. Every Fedex shipment gets routed through their main facility. Many large e-commerce companies have their central warehouse in TN/Memphis area specifically because of shipping and Fedex being located in TN as well.