Should I buy another reissue??

ann_gsh

O.G.
Aug 16, 2011
Hi ladies! I need some advice here.. Caught in another Chanel dilemma!!

I found a really pretty pre-owned 2007 patent (crackled) black reissue 227 with ghw. I've never liked patent bags but when I saw it, my breath was taken away.

But here's the deal - I already have a distressed calfskin black reissue 227 with shw. My other Chanel is the M/L caviar flap, in black too.

Do you think its not worth having two black reissues of the same size?

Thanks so much for your advice.. I'm so torn just thinking about it!

hmm - hard decision! I think the crackled patent with ghw looks quite different than your current 227, though. I would get it if you really love it.
I usually don't like patent that much, but the crackled patent is really pretty!

Thanks rania1981 and oatmella for your advice!!
I agree that perhaps I should see if there are other colors around.
The seller is willing to let it go at the 2007 price for this patent flap.. so I'm really really tempted considering how prices have more than doubled today..

Thanks rania1981 and oatmella for your advice!!
I agree that perhaps I should see if there are other colors around.
The seller is willing to let it go at the 2007 price for this patent flap.. so I'm really really tempted considering how prices have more than doubled today..

I would definitely get it at the 2007 price - assuming it is in good condition!

Not worth it to me. I've been down this road & lived to regret it. No matter how good the price is, it's just too repetitive 1st to have too many black bags & 2nd to have 2 black reissues of the same size. I'd prefer to have 2 different colors. The grey reissue would be a great alternative.

Thanks everyone for your comments!!! Really helps.. Till today I've not actually made a clear decision about whether to buy it or not.. I'll hold it out a little longer so I won't regret this..

milksway25 - i love your grey reissue!!! >.< i'll start searching for a grey one, but there're like so many different chanel greys :smile:

*So.Cal*girl - yeah the repetitive part of getting two black reissues both in size 227 is what's been holding me back till even today...... if only it were in a 226 size, i would get it in a heartbeat!!

bluekit - hahah yes this 2007 edition of the crackled patent is really really pretty. i really like this kind of patent compared to the normal one that seems more "shiny"! i always wanted a patent chanel, but ill end up having 2 reissues same size, same function almost. =(

imkirsti - is it easy to re-sell chanel? of course at a reasonable price.. if i could change my mind down the road and likely re-sell it relatively easily, i dont mind taking the plunge now actually!

Passau - i wouldnt deny that the 2007 price tag does play into tempting me to get it.. its kind of like a cost-benefit thing. if i had all the money in the world, i would want to get a brand new 2012 red reissue :smile: but because i've always wanted something in patent, and this reissue comes with a gold chain.. ive been trying to convince myself that its a whole different look. ahhh decisions!!

thanks guys!!! its a really longwinded post. hahah