Should I buy another bag? Help me decide please? :)

mommyboy

Jul 13, 2012
Hi ladies, lately I kept wondering whether I need more LV bag or not.. Last week was my birthday, and to my surprise, DH agree to buy another LV bag for me :yahoo:.. I've been eyeing for LV Favorite MM damier ebene, but currently LV store in my country doesn't have it, and I need to wait...

While waiting, I kept thinking, do I really need this Favorite MM or it is only a lust? Will I use it a lot? Will it be really functional? Or should I saving up first then consider another bag type that might suit my future needs?

FYI, I am 29, a full time housewife with 2 kids (4 year old boy, and 1.5 year old girl), and currently I have this LV bag:

• Galliera pm monogram (hobo style)
  • Speedy B 35 monogram (crossbody style)
  • Jeune Fille monogram (small casual crossbody style)
  • Montaigne MM monogram (a lil bit formal occasion style)

and for evening style bag (same size with favorite mm), I already have those from other brand.

What do you ladies think? Maybe, there are tpf-er who are in my position or have already passed my condition,, I really need your suggestions... Is there any other LV bag you recommend for me that you think might complete my bag collection in terms of future style investment?

Thanks dear, and sorry if my English is not good :smile:

The Favorite MM is one of my most used bags. I have two small children and I use it for quick trips with the kids or when I am just out by myself. I always keep a diaper bag fully stocked in the car. So, if it is a quick trip somewhere, I can always run back to the car for supplies. I would absolutely take the plunge for the Favorite MM in ebene. What a sweet DH!

You are asking TPF enablers whether you should buy another bag!!! :lol:
I am lusting after that Artsy until it is just consuming my every thought right now but I am DETERMINED to wait until 2015. I have purchased just wayyyy too many bags in 2014. And to your question, "do I really need this Favorite MM or it is only a lust"...do we ever really NEED the bags...LOL!!! I'm sorry, I'm no help here! I say go for it! With two little ones, I say you deserve it(that's my logic for buying things...I'm a deserving mother). :biggrin:

favorite is georgeouse!

The Favorite MM is one of my most used bags. I have two small children and I use it for quick trips with the kids or when I am just out by myself. I always keep a diaper bag fully stocked in the car. So, if it is a quick trip somewhere, I can always run back to the car for supplies. I would absolutely take the plunge for the Favorite MM in ebene. What a sweet DH!

I am lusting after that Artsy until it is just consuming my every thought right now but I am DETERMINED to wait until 2015. I have purchased just wayyyy too many bags in 2014. And to your question, "do I really need this Favorite MM or it is only a lust"...do we ever really NEED the bags...LOL!!! I'm sorry, I'm no help here! I say go for it! With two little ones, I say you deserve it(that's my logic for buying things...I'm a deserving mother). :biggrin:

seriously though, favorite MM is the most practical easiest lightest bag to wear, especially a mom.

I definitely think you NEED it. ;)

I agree with Dany_37 asking if you should buy a bag from us enablers is funny, we always say yes! Honestly, it's a great bag though. Buy it!:devil:

Ohh dear ladies, all of you are surely the enablers for me :lol:... and surely i put question in a wrong place, but still i love to... :graucho::P

Thank you soo much for your kind thoughts, i still have time to decide,,will surely let you all know what will my end decision be..

No .. i don't think you need another bag just yet 😊

Hi Dawn, thank you for your input ;)..

Yes, i'm still not sure enough whether i need the Favorite or not...
Actually my clear logic says that all my small LVs family have already served their functional purpose each on their own very well..

Maybe i'm just lusted to buy other bag with other print because i'm a lil bored with my bag's current print (since all my bags are monogram one) :nuts:, hahaha

I agree here. But maybe go to the boutique and look at a few bag choices. I do like the favorite just not a small bag girl.

Danny_37 that Artsy is going to cost you more in 2015. If I would have bought it when I first laid eyes on it it would have cost me 1400 but instead I waited way to long and ended up paying 1800. But I know the feeling because I too bought way to many this year.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Last edited:

I agree here. But maybe go to the boutique and look at a few bag choices. I do like the favorite just not a small bag girl.

Danny_37 that Artsy is going to cost you more in 2015. If I would have bought it when I first laid eyes on it it would have cost me 1400 but instead I waited way to long and ended up paying 1800. But I know the feeling because I too bought way to many this year as well.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Dany_37, how about if u sell your current less used collection to fund your Artsy before the price boom increase on 2015 like CornishMon said...:graucho:

CornishMon, yes maybe i should do that first, i really don't want this purchase to be a regretted one, and i don't want to sell this bag either if one day i get bored of it (since it will be a special gift from DH, i want it to be memorial and hopefully will accompany me the most throughout the years :smile:)

Not sure what your SLG situation is but maybe get a wallet....since they cost almost as much as a bag😜. You would always have it with you and could use it for years and years. Just a thought since it doesn't sound like you really want a bag.

Dany_37, how about if u sell your current less used collection to fund your Artsy before the price boom increase on 2015 like CornishMon said...:graucho:

CornishMon, yes maybe i should do that first, i really don't want this purchase to be a regretted one, and i don't want to sell this bag either if one day i get bored of it (since it will be a special gift from DH, i want it to be memorial and hopefully will accompany me the most throughout the years :smile:)

That would be a good idea BUT...I am a new LV lover, so every LV bag that I own was just purchased say within the last couple of months!! :sad: And every single one is now my baby! WHAT TO DO! I know their will be a price increase, I'll just have to suffer the consequences. It's getting closer to Christmas now, so I'm going to "bless" others since I've "blessed" myself so much lately! :P

Last edited: