should i buy an MJ Elise?

ilovehandbagslots said:
The elise is fantastic!!!!! I love it so much! Here's a tip: if you call the Marc Jacobs stores direstly they only charge you $20 shipping and no tax!

The "no tax" is only if there's no MJ boutique in your state. If they have a store in your state, you're stuck paying tax...

ilovehandbagslots said:
The elise is fantastic!!!!! I love it so much! Here's a tip: if you call the Marc Jacobs stores direstly they only charge you $20 shipping and no tax!

thanks for the tip! there was no tax for me on elux, and i would have only paid $25 for regular shipping, but i chose 2 day so it was $16 extra.

Amanda, I meant to ask about your other purchase (Bulga). =) Got your Elise yet? If not, the expedite shipping was somewhat wasted. =( I'm in a similar situation as you, my blush Elise is coming to my work next monday but I will be out of town for a few days starting that afternoon. I might or might not get it. FedEx customer service said package sent via FedEx Ground can't be redirected until the 1st attemp was made and delivery time (morning/afternoon/night) is dependent on the FedEx delivery person.

I love high heel shoes. Don't care much for flats and skinny jeans -- don't work for me even though they are so in now. -)

amanda said:
i think we had a little miscommunication, i only got one, sadly! just a black elise.

and i've seen the LiLo pics, but i never get sick of them! the blue is so pretty!

the most interesting thing about the first pic, though, is the other girl's shoes - they're so tall! they look like Louboutins to me, they've got to be some of the tallest i've ever seen without a platform. i would break my neck.

bag.lover said:
Amanda, I meant to ask about your other purchase (Bulga). =) Got your Elise yet? If not, the expedite shipping was somewhat wasted. =( I'm in a similar situation as you, my blush Elise is coming to my work next monday but I will be out of town for a few days starting that afternoon. I might or might not get it. FedEx customer service said package sent via FedEx Ground can't be redirected until the 1st attemp was made and delivery time (morning/afternoon/night) is dependent on the FedEx delivery person.

I love high heel shoes. Don't care much for flats and skinny jeans -- don't work for me even though they are so in now. -)

well, i got the elise...and now i don't think i'm going to keep it :Push:. i dunno, i think i've got buyers remorse. who knows!

and yes, i got the bulga too :smile:

amanda said:
well, i got the elise...and now i don't think i'm going to keep it :Push:. i dunno, i think i've got buyers remorse. who knows!

and yes, i got the bulga too :smile:

Did you not like the Elise? I'm contemplating making this my "back-up" bag in case I don't like my Reissue that I won't get until next week!

Amanda, sorry about your possible buyer's remorse.
Wickedassin, you, and I are all interested in Channel Flap (i want Classic Flap), which size are you thinking of? I don't want one that's too big -- look too squarish to me. A mid-sized one won't hold much. Elise is a lot roomier, I'm keeping it for sure. I have decided on Black Elise, but I'm back to square 1 after seeing a TFS member with her Blush wallet. I love both colors, what to do....

bag.lover said:
Amanda, sorry about your possible buyer's remorse.
Wickedassin, you, and I are all interested in Channel Flap (i want Classic Flap), which size are you thinking of? I don't want one that's too big -- look too squarish to me. A mid-sized one won't hold much. Elise is a lot roomier, I'm keeping it for sure. I have decided on Black Elise, but I'm back to square 1 after seeing a TFS member with her Blush wallet. I love both colors, what to do....

I ended up ordering a Chanel Reissue in the large size and in grey from NM in Atlanta. My local Chanel SA said that the large Reissue is similar in size to a jumbo flap bag, but I'm not sure if that's correct... I liked the size of the jumbo flap, but didn't like the gold hardware.

I had an Elise in chalk, but ended up returning it because I was paranoid about getting it dirty... And I really like shoulder bags. But since I bought the Reissue without ever seeing one in person, I'm a little paranoid that I'll be disappointed! I'm contemplating ordering the Elise in black through nm.com as a backup. :P I just need to see the Reissue and then I'll know for sure :biggrin:

My next MJ will be the elise, The places I've been to are always sold out. I am going to Nordies tomorrow to p/u a Blake I had the zipper fixed on and if they have it there I will get one. I don't want black, but if they have it in chalk, then I'll get that. Better yet if they have it in a cool metallic or deep Bronze that would be a winner.

keykey36 said:
My next MJ will be the elise, The places I've been to are always sold out. I am going to Nordies tomorrow to p/u a Blake I had the zipper fixed on and if they have it there I will get one. I don't want black, but if they have it in chalk, then I'll get that. Better yet if they have it in a cool metallic or deep Bronze that would be a winner.

Keykey36, you are interested in patent & quilted leather Elise right? If yes, it is not sold at Nordstrom (regular leather only). For Chalk, you might try calling Neiman Marcus & Marc Jacobs store. According to Marc Jacobs store in LA, Elise is not returning next season. =(

Which color of Blake do you have? =)