should i buy an MJ Elise?

I really was excited about the Chalk. That was my white bag for spring/summer! I guess I will have to get some ideas on another white bag. I liked Chalk because it wasn't stark white. Tough decision to return a purse you love!:sad2:

Amanda, can't wait for you to get your Elise too. =)
I have so many black bags so I have been trying to buy other colors. Does that mean Black is the only option for Elise now? UHHH. I love this bag, would keep 1 for sure. I have black and am waiting for blush to come (exchanged item for defect). Black is for keeps and blush is going back then.... =(

bag.lover said:
Amanda, can't wait for you to get your Elise too. =)
I have so many black bags so I have been trying to buy other colors. Does that mean Black is the only option for Elise now? UHHH. I love this bag, would keep 1 for sure. I have black and am waiting for blush to come (exchanged item for defect). Black is for keeps and blush is going back then.... =(

i think you could probably track down a blue or a taupe by calling an MJ boutique, but black, blush, and chalk are the only ones that i've seen online. i'm like the exact opposite, though. i buy too many brown bags, so i've been trying to find black ones that i like, lol. usually i shy away from black because i don't think it properly shows off a bag's details, but when i saw the black elise IRL it really popped, and i can't say no to that!

Thanks Amanda for your suggestions. =) Elise is a great choice for your 1st black bag, it is so beautiful and dressy looking! =) Patent really brings out its beauty, I wouldn't buy it if it's matte leather (dull to me).

I actually saw Elise in person in black, blush, chalk, and blue; didn't like taupe&green in other styles at all. Narrowed down to Black (bought, in perfect condition) & Blush (defected exchange, on the way to me). Favored Blush over Cream b/c it's more unique (am i wrong to assume that there'll be another pretty cream colored bag); I obviously can't stay away from Black (that's why it went home w/ me instead of blue). =) Most likely, black is for keeps & blush is going back...

Hmm...Now I am beginning to wonder about other light colored bags like cream Stam, Chanel classic flap, white muse...Will they all turn yellow over time? Looking for a white/cream bag, have to really tell myself that I don't need another black bag....

amanda said:
i think you could probably track down a blue or a taupe by calling an MJ boutique, but black, blush, and chalk are the only ones that i've seen online. i'm like the exact opposite, though. i buy too many brown bags, so i've been trying to find black ones that i like, lol. usually i shy away from black because i don't think it properly shows off a bag's details, but when i saw the black elise IRL it really popped, and i can't say no to that!

bag.lover said:
Thanks Amanda for your suggestions. =) Elise is a great choice for your 1st black bag, it is so beautiful and dressy looking! =) Patent really brings out its beauty, I wouldn't buy it if it's matte leather (dull to me).

I actually saw Elise in person in black, blush, chalk, and blue; didn't like taupe&green in other styles at all. Narrowed down to Black (bought, in perfect condition) & Blush (defected exchange, on the way to me). Favored Blush over Cream b/c it's more unique (am i wrong to assume that there'll be another pretty cream colored bag); I obviously can't stay away from Black (that's why it went home w/ me instead of blue). =) Most likely, black is for keeps & blush is going back...

Hmm...Now I am beginning to wonder about other light colored bags like cream Stam, Chanel classic flap, white muse...Will they all turn yellow over time? Looking for a white/cream bag, have to really tell myself that I don't need another black bag....

i think that any bag that light will probably discolor over time, i think patent probably just does it a little more quickly. i saw both black and blush IRL at neiman marcus two weeks ago, and i think black is definately the better choice even if you have a lot of black bags, because the distressed patent is just so different. i wasn't in love with the blush, even though i generally like bags in that color family. good luck deciding! my bag should be here later today, but i may have to leave for my parents' house before i can pick it up! *sad*

amanda said:
i think that any bag that light will probably discolor over time, i think patent probably just does it a little more quickly. i saw both black and blush IRL at neiman marcus two weeks ago, and i think black is definately the better choice even if you have a lot of black bags, because the distressed patent is just so different. i wasn't in love with the blush, even though i generally like bags in that color family. good luck deciding! my bag should be here later today, but i may have to leave for my parents' house before i can pick it up! *sad*

Mostly likely, I'm keeping black. Really? What a bummer, hope you will get it asap. Wow, you got the other bag too? =)

Oh my, the Elise is too gorgeous! I'm so tempted.. tho I'm on the prowl for a shoulder bag so looking for a quilted Blake. Must stay focused... :biggrin: Anyway, dunno if you've seen these pics of LiLo and her Elise..

bag.lover said:
Mostly likely, I'm keeping black. Really? What a bummer, hope you will get it asap. Wow, you got the other bag too? =)

i think we had a little miscommunication, i only got one, sadly! just a black elise.

and i've seen the LiLo pics, but i never get sick of them! the blue is so pretty!

the most interesting thing about the first pic, though, is the other girl's shoes - they're so tall! they look like Louboutins to me, they've got to be some of the tallest i've ever seen without a platform. i would break my neck.

SuLi said:
Congrats amanda! I can't wait to see pics of the bag!

thanks! i wonder if i can call and harass campus mail to let me come get it at the main office instead of waiting for them to put a pickup slip in my mailbox (because even though the bag will arrive today, i probably won't get the slip until tomorrow). normally you have to have the slip to claim the package, though.