Should I buy a yellow bag?

seacoast

O.G.
Feb 27, 2009
I've been visiting a yellow Being Uma online for days now, and I'm getting weaker by the hour. The bag is gorgeous, but I've never had a yellow bag before and I was wondering if it is strictly a summer color. For those with yellow bags, would you carry it through fall and winter?

Does anyone with a Being Uma want to chime in just on the benefits of the bag?

I had the being uma for one day - I had it in blueberry, and it was the most beautiful bag ever - that blue was just awesome. The issue I had was the size - maybe if I had stuck it out it would have gotten smooshy in the middle so it wasn't sooo big, but it was pretty wide. It is a very large bag that opened to a single compartment, then the little zipper area on one side and the slots on the other. Also, I wasn't sure the handles were that comfortable - again maybe it would have broken in, but I didn't take the change. Another note - of over 50 tanos, it is the only one I returned.

But - it is a beautiful bag if you want something large and open. I have three yellow bags (I would have said you are crazy a year ago if you had told me I would have one yellow bag) and they are awesome

I've been visiting a yellow Being Uma online for days now, and I'm getting weaker by the hour. The bag is gorgeous, but I've never had a yellow bag before and I was wondering if it is strictly a summer color. For those with yellow bags, would you carry it through fall and winter?

Heck no...you carry that yellow bag all year! :yes: I'm a big believer in 'carry what is talking to you today'. And, not to help push you into buying....the Being Uma will be harder and harder to find... was only made the one season.

YES!! :sunshine: A yellow bag is like carrying sunshine!!

And here's Proof you don't just wear them in the summer: http://forum.purseblog.com/tano/lemons-are-really-sweet-introducing-ms-sunshine-429884.html I got my Lemon Drop bag in Feb... because I was looking for a pop of color to distract me from how gray and dull this past NY winter was. I just couldn't wait for spring and Lemon Drop was my cure! Go for it!!

I love my dandelion sex bomb -- it took me a couple days to fall in love....but now I stare at it....it's so pretty, and really adds a pop to any outfit. I'm the same way with "stalking" a bag (or having it stalk me)...I find that if I'm that into it online, I really am happy with it when I finally get it. Good luck!

I think it depends on the yellow. I had a gorgeous crinkle patent Lovcat yellow bag but I sold it because it was too 'school bus'. However, I think something in a mustard tone would be terrific.

Yes, I think a pop of yellow would be welcome in the dreary days to come. I'm not sure about Being Uma. It's beautiful, but I'm not a big bag person. I'm thinking of it for days I need to carry a book, sweater, umbrella, etc- not as an everyday bag. But I like the strap to fit easily over my shoulder, and I don't know about that.

I wondered the same thing about a yellow bag. Then I saw KB's and TK's yellow Tanos here on the SF and that put me over the edge. I had to get one! I got the ML in dandelion. I'm so glad I did, and I have thoroughly enjoyed her. Every day for almost a year!

[Off topic aside: I loved my dandelion ML so much, now she's kinda worn out. Only because I didn't clean and condition her as I should have. I'm thinking about dyeing her. I keep going back to some pics on the SF of a ML in pool. Yummm! Right now I'm staring at the turquoise Tarrago I bought, wondering if I'm ready to take the plunge....]

But yes, Sea, I think a yellow Tano is bright happy gorgeous bag that will be more versatile than you think. I was amazed at how many compliments I got on it - especially in the winter, when as KB points out, a shot of bright sunshine is such a happy thing!

MLF, WAIT!!!!

Don't dye your Tano yet! Someone last year tried to dye a yellow Sexbomb Blue, IIRC, and it turned green. Do a search first, ok? And don't forget your colors that you learned in Kindergarten. :P

Maybe take off the little ML strap piece and try it on that, first?

Good luck!