Should I buy a Pony Hair Balenciaga,need advice...??

1. Recently I saw a Pony Bal-Bag from personalshoppers and I really
    fell in love with it.:yahoo:
    Instead of buying it from this eBay seller I found out that the
    Bal-NY store carries the bags for a lot less.:P
    What do you guys think of it, should I shell out all that money?:confused1:
    I`m worrid that the hair would come off, like my cat`s?

Does anyone know about those Ponybags.?
    If I ever want to sell it again, would it ever sell?:shrugs: Help?:confused1:

2. i personally prefer my b bags from leather because i will be too afraid i might ruin the pony hair.. :P
    while i think some of the colours look sexy in pony hair :yes:
    i won't know about the resale value though...

3. Swissflower - I bought one of the bags, (if you're referring to the brown/white bags) they are made from goat hair, unlike last season's LE bags that were pony (cow)

I adore these bags but I ended up returning it. When I got it, there was a significant amount of hair in the dustbag. I took it outside and gave it a good shaking and lots of hair went flying. I was really afraid that the bag would continue to shed... It was a tough decision because the bag was incredibly beautiful but for the price of the bag ($1,410), it seemed like too much of a risk.

JMO (and coming from someone who REALLY wanted the bag)

4. Aside from the shedding (yikes!) the bag will inherently go bald where there is most friction. I don't think it's worth the extra money for the hassle and for the inevitable balding, unless you plan to have it as more of a collectible (using it only once in a blue moon), I'd stick with an all leather one.

5. ^ I agree. Plus, the pony hair bags do not have a lot of resale value. I bought a purple one last year around this time, sold it on eBay a few months later (bag was still pristine) for $700. Took a huge loss since the bag cost more than $1195 (I think it was close to $1400).

6. OMG...maybe better not to get the Pony, afterall.
    Not sure now what to do....:crybaby:

7. :yahoo: Maybe a LV Bag would be a better investment, once I decide
    for resell value:confused1:

8. Balenciaga bag resale values are phenomenal (as far as bags go). No one is telling you they are a bad investment. We're just saying stick with the leather.

9. I personally think the pony hair bags are a big fad and will soon go away. I saw a woman at Nordies yesterday carrying one (not a Bbag) and she was probably in her early 50's and I do have to say she looked stupid....besides, what if you get caught in the rain/monsoon/flood, etc, we all know how LIVE animals smell when they get wet, can you imagine what a dead one smells like? eeeuuuwww!

did that convince you?:heart:

10. :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

11. I love the pony hair bags, but I never got one because I think a pony hair bag would be too high maintenance and unpractical... So I got just got a pony hair coin purse which is still really nice but less worrisome than a whole pony hair bag.

12. I fell in love with it the first time i saw it too. Contemplated on getting it but weighted the pros and cons and ended up getting a leather one. I'm already extra careful when i take my leather one out, imagine if i purchased the pony..

Leather will last longer, it's more resistent to dirt, some spillage etc.

13. :yahoo: Wow you guys are good....thanks for all that advice...
    I`m not getting a pony bag after all....:Push:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice