Should I buy a Mahina, Empreinte or two/three less expensive LV's?

mhwhetsell

Nov 3, 2010
I am going shopping this weekend and I cannot decide if I should get a more expensive bag such as a mahina or empreinte (assuming I can find one) or if I should spread the love and get a speedy 35 (damier ebene), a mono galliera gm and a mon mono speedy with that same (or close to it) money. Any suggestions? I have no LV right now and I am beginning my collection!!! :yahoo:

What will u use the bag for? I LVOE Mahina when I say one at the boutique last week. If you decide to spread the love, I'd opt for the following?

Ebene Speedy 35 or Alma
Mono Galleria GM
Epi Speedy 30 in Cassis or Ivoire

This way, you have three patterns covered and all 4-seasons covered.

^^Yes, I think this is the best way to start a collection. Start with the basics and then work yourself up to the big purchases down the road. No LV collection is complete without at least one Speedy whether mono, ebene, or epi; that is a must have. I suggested Epi because you're from Tennessee and I know it rains there a lot.
Let us know which you decide and good luck. Happy shopping :smile:

I am going shopping this weekend and I cannot decide if I should get a more expensive bag such as a mahina or empreinte (assuming I can find one) or if I should spread the love and get a speedy 35 (damier ebene), a mono galliera gm and a mon mono speedy with that same (or close to it) money. Any suggestions? I have no LV right now and I am beginning my collection!!! :yahoo:

Don't know if you have a basic collection of LV yet. If you don't, I'd vote for the three lower price point bags. You can get the expensive bag the next go around. This way, you'd have something you can wear all the time, all around.

Mono Galleria
Damier Ebene Speedy 30/35
Something in Epi or Vernis for some awesome color

If I may add, you should get an accessory pouchette or EVA to keep your essentials together so when you switch between bags, you won't miss the keys, the cell phone, and the wallet.

You also don't have to buy them all at ones. Space it out and make it more fun!

If you don't have any LV's yet, I would say go with the last choices..

- Speedy 35 Ebene
- Mono Gal/Delightful
- Alma Vernis in any colors

Don't know if you have a basic collection of LV yet. If you don't, I'd vote for the three lower price point bags. You can get the expensive bag the next go around. This way, you'd have something you can wear all the time, all around.

Mono Galleria
Damier Ebene Speedy 30/35
Something in Epi or Vernis for some awesome color

If I may add, you should get an accessory pouchette or EVA to keep your essentials together so when you switch between bags, you won't miss the keys, the cell phone, and the wallet.

You also don't have to buy them all at ones. Space it out and make it more fun!

Totally agree. Have fun shopping!!!

If you are just starting out, buy some staples in your collection. Like an epi speedy, and a mono "every day" type bag (BH, Neverfull or Palermo) and an ebene bag. Then you can rotate those depending on what you are doing.

I would take a look at all the bags, there's no point getting a few bags that you like if you really wanted a mahina or something. Personally, I would get a wallet or something too.

Since you don't have any LVs yet I'll vote for option #2, buy more LVs. Personally, I like variety so having a few bags to switch around might be more satisfying. The Mahina and Empreinte are gorgeous though, i'd save for those later on.