Should I buy a Goyard Fidji?

bag snob

Apr 8, 2007
I want a nice travel bag. One that's water resistant, lightweight and has zipper. So I turn to Goyard Fidji.

But I heard recently that it will be discontinued. That means it's not a Goyard classic, and a few years down the road, it might be just some old style bag from Goyard. it's not exactly cheap either.

What do you think?

IF I decide to still get the fidji, I'm torn between the colors.
I want it in MARINE BLUE. but when I found out the price difference from the RED one, I got confused. it's a huge difference considering it's still the same bag/quality.

I need advice.

IF I decide to still get the fidji, I'm torn between the colors.
I want it in MARINE BLUE. but when I found out the price difference from the RED one, I got confused. it's a huge difference considering it's still the same bag/quality.

I didn't know that there was a price difference between the colors. May I ask how much is the marine blue compared to the red? Thanks!

The Goyard fidji has already been discontinued :sad: Perhaps a Sac Hardy (Sac a Chat)? It's a modified version of the Saint Louis tote.

There are still fidjis available that I can buy, so you think I shouldn't get one anymore? I like the fidji the best though(for travel/everyday).

ShilohNouvel: the fidji in marine blue is 1250 usd I think. price difference with red is around 200+ usd (pls correct me if I'm wrong)

OP, get the Fidji. is very much worth it. very functional and can contain so many things in. it's the best choice for a travel bag. i know so 'coz mine is simply amazing.

Hi, that's also my requirement for travel -- light and w zipper, so when i put my bag in the conveyor belt, i know my things are intact and wont spill out. i have 2 Fidji's and use it for travel, if i get it dirty then i just wash it w water. Plus im not worried if it rains etc... if you can still get it, go ahead.

Hi, that's also my requirement for travel -- light and w zipper, so when i put my bag in the conveyor belt, i know my things are intact and wont spill out. i have 2 Fidji's and use it for travel, if i get it dirty then i just wash it w water. Plus im not worried if it rains etc... if you can still get it, go ahead.

exactly, I don't want to worry about the rain. I haven't tried on the actual fidji, but can a cardigan fit and a water bottle fit inside on top of daily essentials (wallet, 2 cellphones, ipod, make up kit, sunglasses, tissue etc) I heard you can fit a lot in the fidji. hope you can confirm. I'm actually ordering next week! :biggrin:

Yes please do get one. I have the sky blue one and just love it to bits! it's my ultimate travel bag on summer destinations (anywhere a beach is around) and i can fit tons! towel, swimsuit, extra change of clothes, wallet, makeup bag, dslr camera...). i plan to get a white one but just read it's been discontinued. i'm looking forward to the "modified" one though.

good luck!

I was also thinking of waiting for this bag that is to replace the fidji, but if I don't like it, it may be too late to get a hold of a fidji by then.
so yes, I'm checking barney's/bergdorf if they still have the marine blue.
I can't wait to get this bag!