Should I get the Diorama?

• Yes

Votes: 53 73.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 26.4%

• Total voters

prickle5

Jun 24, 2020
Hi, I just bought a black LV twist PM with silver hardware recently but saw a pre-loved medium Diorama in grey with silver hardware which requires some repairing but after quoting, is not too expensive considering this bag is being sold for much less than others of the same model.

I wanted to try to diversify because I have Lv and fendi bags and I’m eyeing the LV capucines too. Thought it would be nice to get a Dior to mix it up haha

Is it worth buying the Diorama? Do you guys think its gonna stay in style for long?

Attachments

• 94CA1CEB-512D-42B2-B4F7-7D0BA2AE2D9C.jpeg
    94CA1CEB-512D-42B2-B4F7-7D0BA2AE2D9C.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: TheClassyBag
I bought my diorama after the announcement that they are getting discontinued. I always loved the shape, and with the shape alone I don’t think it’ll ever go out of style. Not sure why someone would thing the style wouldn’t last long... in my personal opinion, a bag shape like the saddle is something that would go out of style (and back in as it has). As far as shape, color, style and functionality - you’re looking at a keeper. One you can enjoy for as long as you want. My favorite part? It doesn’t scream designer. It’s subtle but very beautiful regardless! If you’re getting it at a bargain, that’s another reason to go for it! But then, we are enablers here EF16A5B4-579C-492E-86D0-B671E9726AB5.jpeg
Here’s mine :smile:

I bought my diorama after the announcement that they are getting discontinued. I always loved the shape, and with the shape alone I don’t think it’ll ever go out of style. Not sure why someone would thing the style wouldn’t last long... in my personal opinion, a bag shape like the saddle is something that would go out of style (and back in as it has). As far as shape, color, style and functionality - you’re looking at a keeper. One you can enjoy for as long as you want. My favorite part? It doesn’t scream designer. It’s subtle but very beautiful regardless! If you’re getting it at a bargain, that’s another reason to go for it! But then, we are enablers here View attachment 4768863

your bag is beautiful! Thank you for the advice but by the time I decided to jump the gun someone swiped it :sad: now im looking at a woc version of the same color because I like the grey but also i like the silver after seeing yours!

Deciding whether to hold it out until I find a medium in grey and buy with no hesitations or just going for grey in woc or silver in woc.

Indecisiveness is such a curse! :sad:

Reactions: TheClassyBag
Dior has discontinued Diorama bag. Hence in term of fashion / trend, this style would not last long.

yeah that’s what I was worried about because other discontinued bags seem to be heading that way, but I think what drew me to the bag is really the color.

Been wanting a grey bag for so long because I only have blacks and whites and dior makes their greys really nice.

your bag is beautiful! Thank you for the advice but by the time I decided to jump the gun someone swiped it :sad: now im looking at a woc version of the same color because I like the grey but also i like the silver after seeing yours!

Deciding whether to hold it out until I find a medium in grey and buy with no hesitations or just going for grey in woc or silver in woc.

Indecisiveness is such a curse! :sad:
Since it is discontinued, you may find that people who go after what’s trending will want to sell their’s so you have a good chance of grabbing another in the color you want at a bargain hopefully!

I bought my diorama after the announcement that they are getting discontinued. I always loved the shape, and with the shape alone I don’t think it’ll ever go out of style. Not sure why someone would thing the style wouldn’t last long... in my personal opinion, a bag shape like the saddle is something that would go out of style (and back in as it has). As far as shape, color, style and functionality - you’re looking at a keeper. One you can enjoy for as long as you want. My favorite part? It doesn’t scream designer. It’s subtle but very beautiful regardless! If you’re getting it at a bargain, that’s another reason to go for it! But then, we are enablers here View attachment 4768863
Agree with this and yours is gorgeous! I also got mine right around when they said it was being discontinued. It didn’t change my mind about getting this bag and I would get another if it’s the right color.

The Diorama in grey is so beautiful. And medium is a great size. I have the medium Diorama in rose poudre and I love the bag. I agree that the shape of this bag is timeless. By the way, is the Diorama entirely discontinued or are they still offering the bag in some limited colors? The Dior website still has the metallic silver microcannage bag, and the black grained calfskin one on there, in addition to the Diorama wallet on chain pouch styles.

yeah that’s what I was worried about because other discontinued bags seem to be heading that way, but I think what drew me to the bag is really the color.

Been wanting a grey bag for so long because I only have blacks and whites and dior makes their greys really nice.

If you love the diorama design, yes, its a good buy in pre loved market as Dior doesnt hold it value.
But if its only the grey caught your eyes, I would suggest maybe a lady dior in grey color?

If it's a style you love, then definitely go for it. Regardless if it's discontinued or out of style, you can still wear it out as long as you love it. I still wear both of my Dioramas (small and woc) all the time.
I admit I was a little disappointed that Dior decided to discontinue it as I was considering a 3rd one :P. If you just want a gray bag, Dior makes other gray bags that are also great. There is another bag that is similar to the Diorama that has the new 30 Montaigne clasp. Also their gray Lady Dior is always a classic.
I think you should wait out until you find a size & color you love, rather than settling.
Good luck hunting! :biggrin:

20200626_161646.jpg

If it's a style you love, then definitely go for it. Regardless if it's discontinued or out of style, you can still wear it out as long as you love it. I still wear both of my Dioramas (small and woc) all the time.
I admit I was a little disappointed that Dior decided to discontinue it as I was considering a 3rd one :P. If you just want a gray bag, Dior makes other gray bags that are also great. There is another bag that is similar to the Diorama that has the new 30 Montaigne clasp. Also their gray Lady Dior is always a classic.
I think you should wait out until you find a size & color you love, rather than settling.
Good luck hunting! :biggrin:

View attachment 4770428
Wow, your white diorama is stunning!!!

YES!! I managed to buy mine before they discontinued it and I love it so much! It is an understated bag and the quality and leather are excellent. It fits quite a bit and it's very easy to pair with clothes-you can wear it casually or formally. Mine is black with gold hardware.
I think that it's a style that will stay since there are still people trying to buy it even after it is discontinued. However, I feel that if you really like the bag you should buy it. Don't worry about the trends because they're always changing.