Should i buy a Burberry Bag?

Jul 27, 2010
Hi Ladies,

I'm recently trying to explore with Burberry Bag and have found one bag that i like. The model is Nova Star Chester Bowling Bag. I'm happy with the design, color and the price (it's on sales now with 30% off).

However......

I noticed the bag is made in China. Besides that, i heard a lot of bad comment about Burberry bag's quality, like the color will fade, the leather peel off and etc.

The SA of the shop also advised me that i better don't rub the bag too often with jeans.

Why? I thought canvas can be maintained easily without wondering so much of the quality like scratches on the leather? Should i be concerned about the color transfer from my jean if i wear it crossbody?

I'm confused now, should i buy my first Burberry bag? I'm also a bit disappointed the bag is made in China. Any advice is appreciated.

Hello,

I do not think you should worry, I have had no problems with my Nova or my other Burberry bag. You do have to be careful about color transfer but there are lots of threads on this issue on this forum, search them and you can find a lot of useful advice. Yes, a lot of models are now made in China but even though I normally prefer to get their Italian made bags if I like the model I will get one that is Made in China as well. I was shocked at first when I found out but then I decided to keep my Nova and definitely do not feel sorry about that.

I agree with OVincze...to me, there is minimal difference between the Made in China and Made in Italy bags - IF you take good care of your handbags! I have several novacheck bags and they've always cleaned up well.
Enjoy!!

Springroll I so agree with you too, even the best quality shoes and bags will get damaged and ruined if you abuse them and Novas do need to be cleaned for sure but then I am lucky because in Europe they have the special cleaner for Novas and I just use that but then I heard that baby wipes work just fine as well.

Hi all, thanks for all the advice. But now i'm considering the Burberry Haymarket Check bowling bag too. It is made in Italy :smile:

Do you think i should get the classic one that made in Italy with higher price, or the seasonal Nova Star Chester Bowling Bag that made in China with lower price?

Thanks again :yahoo:

I have both Nova made in China and Exploded Check Canvas made in Italy. I have worn my Nova a lot more since the Canvas bag is a bit more summery I think, not for horrid weather anyhow. My Nova has held up fine. I think you should go with the one you prefer for looks, do not think where it is made really makes a difference as far as longevity of the bag goes. Let us know what you decide.

The nova check star in red color is the seasonal item. I like its shape and design, especially it can be worn crossbody, on shoulder and hand carry! However the color is very shining. My friend said it's more younger. Even the SA told me the same thing that the bag suits teenager more! FYI, I'm 35 years old. Thus I'm a bit indecisive for it. :sad: the classic haymarket check is on the other hand suits my age better, but it can only be carried by hand.

I am about your age, will be 35 next June:smile:)) I work at a law firm in Europe but in general I have a pretty "young" taste, I find the Haymarket too "oldish" for me. This is why I picked a Nova but I have no idea which particular bag you are talking about, can you link it? I thought I knew which one it was but I cannot find it on the site anymore. I really love Charmosa's berry red trimmed Nova hobo though, I think it is really chic but some of the really colorful seasonal ones are too much for me too. I think just take your time, that is what I did, looked at all the bags many times on the homepage and of course I still ended up with two bags as one Burberry is never enough ROFL and naturally I still feel it is not enough:smile:)). Decisions, decisions.

These are the 2 bags i'm considering to buy :smile: Which one you think is nicer?

Attachments

• Burberry Haymarket Check Bowling Bag.jpg
    Burberry Haymarket Check Bowling Bag.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 2,497
  • Buberry Chester Supernova Check Stars Small Bowling.jpg
    Buberry Chester Supernova Check Stars Small Bowling.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 2,373
I like the haymarket....I'm not crazy about the stars to be honest. I would be concerned about it not being "timeless". But I LOVE the berry red accent this season so definitely recommend going in that direction. If you find the haymarket too "old" (which I don't), what about the novo check?
http://us.burberry.com/product/inde...&cp=2119866.4434898.4435101&parentPage=family

I'm not really worried about the Made in China vs. Italy. Both my leather ones (patent and regular) are made in Italy and are of a higher quality than the canvas novo (which is made in China). But I wouldn't say the Made in China means it's poor quality.

Last edited: