should I bid on this bag on EBAY...HELP!!!

SHOULD I BUY THIS CROC KELLY BAG ON EBAY

• YES BUY THIS BAG Quick!!!

• NO it's a fake

• I'm not sure and can't tell if it's real

Results are only viewable after voting.

pocketyee

O.G.
Feb 16, 2006
started looking at it since I went to ebay to look at portero but then I saw this for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HERMES-33CM-AUT...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This person said it's on consigment and all sales are final and that worried me.:suspiciou

It looks authentic but you never know. it's listed at 4999.99 but the reserve is not met. Help me !!

The seller also wrote:

ABOVE THE LOCK IN GOLD IS "HERMES PARIS MADE IN FRANCE" WITH A SMALL S EMBOSSED UNDERNEATH WHICH INDICATES THAT THE BAG WAS PURCHASED AT A SLIGHT DISCOUNT FROM THE HERMES BOUTIQUE IN PARIS, AT A SPECIAL EVENT HELD FOR VIP CLIENTS.

Is this true with discount and VIP.:suspiciou

i'm one of the biggest proponents of ebay out there, but i would be TERRIFIED to buy this bag - an ebay croc kelly? terrified. i don't know anything about hermes bags (not really my thing) and this is just too rich for my blood - i fold.

I wouldn't make such an expensive purchase on eBay. If I'm ready to spend that kind of money, I wouldn't buy it anywhere else than the boutique, even if I had to wait for it to be available.

Cristina said:
I wouldn't make such an expensive purchase on eBay. If I'm ready to spend that kind of money, I wouldn't buy it anywhere else than the boutique, even if I had to wait for it to be available.
Unfortunately at a HERMES boutique thia would be too expensive, like 12,000 or more. My girlfriend in Florida said I should check out the consignment stores in Palm Beach since that is where vintage hermes goes to die.:blink:

I know it's alot and that is why I don't own a Hermes Kelly still.

My goal before I die of old age is to own a croc hermes kelly bag.

I did like the the Chloe Croc but then I think it wouldn't be classic like this one.

pocketyee said:
Unfortunately at a HERMES boutique thia would be too expensive, like 12,000 or more. My girlfriend in Florida said I should check out the consignment stores in Palm Beach since that is where vintage hermes goes to die.:blink:

I know it's alot and that is why I don't own a Hermes Kelly still.

My goal before I die of old age is to own a croc hermes kelly bag.

I did like the the Chloe Croc but then I think it wouldn't be classic like this one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ the comment about Hermes going to die at consignment stores in Palm Beach. That is a good idea, though, worth checking into.

Did you ask the seller what the reserve is? Even if it's not authentic, I'm curious as to what it is. If it's close to the $12k retail price, it's definitely not worth buying on eBay, even if it is real.

I didn't ask. I don't think they would tell u would they?!. I will email her now and see. I'm still curious about the vip discount thing and gigi said this size, 33cm is unusual. ( in a previous thread ). So maybe it's fake....yaaaahhhhh i don't know. All I know ia that I want a croc kelly bag some day.

I agree with Cristina. I think even if the thing looked real, maybe we think this more so because of the reserve... but I think there may be a lingering doubt in your mind that would so not make this worth it.

On the other hand, it's very pretty!

Cristina said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: @ the comment about Hermes going to die at consignment stores in Palm Beach. That is a good idea, though, worth checking into.

Did you ask the seller what the reserve is? Even if it's not authentic, I'm curious as to what it is. If it's close to the $12k retail price, it's definitely not worth buying on eBay, even if it is real.

So the reserve is 9000. Well I don't think I could really afford that:sad:
oh well

I was thinking the same. I could just get a anya hindmarch. They are about 5000 and they look quite similar to a kelly. I do have a black kelly like bag from Ralph Lauren but you know it's not the same as a Kelly bag.:sad2: :cry:

Still looking