Should I be wary of this buyer?

Mar 14, 2006
I don't sell on ebay often, most to fund more bag purchases so I don't have much experience in dealing with buyers. I have a wallet listed and received a message through ebay from a person making a BIN offer. They offered to pay through Western Union--which I'm not familiar with I've always paid/received payment via paypal--and made an offer that's IMO very very good for the pti. I was a little hesitant but the person had positive feedback from auth. LV sellers and other sellers of bags so I messaged them back saying I would accept the offer.

Long story short, the person told me they got another wallet from another seller then this morning sent me a message asking if it were still available for their sister.

Should I be wary of dealing outside of ebay and with Western Union?? Help!!

I think Jill dealt with Western Union before. I think someone paid through Western Union before and the buyer is charged a fee for doing so. You might do a search of the words Western Union on our forum. I don't have any experience dealing with it. Sorry.

I have sold a few things using bidpay which was Western Union. This was a few years ago and it worked fine, in fact, I preferred it to Paypal because there were no seller's fees. I'm not sure that Western Union and Bidpay are still connected though.

No I think any buyer that would want to pay with western union is fine. It's usually sellers that say they only accept western union I stay away from. I always accept western union if the buyers request & have never had a problem. I actually would prefer it, then you don't have to worry about scammers & false disputes with paypal.

Ebay does not allow you to say you accept western union for approved payments. If they see it in your listings they will remove them. Just a little FYI.

As a seller I would definitely prefer Western Union over Paypal because I won't get charged the fee. As a buyer I would never pay with Western Union because I get no protections.

yep, western union is better for the $receiver, ie you, cos there's no protection for the $sender (ie the buyer)
- so there's no reason why you shouldn't accept the payment!

just wait til you've got the $ in hand before you send the bag..