Should I be upset?!! Return issue with LV!

Bummer to hear.. it sounds like they are sending you items that have been used !! On paper it may look bad, but I mean, all those reasons are valid. And just because an item will get scratched, doesn't mean that someone else should do the scratching for you ! Why don't you ask her if they have issues with defective returns, or even with items arriving damaged, because you really shouldn't get pieces that are imperfect !
Yes I think, that they sell items, that have been used. I bought my Manhattan PM, and after a few days I have seen, that inside on the bottom was a stain, and when I had a look at the bag I have seen, that the handles had a "little little" patina. The handles wasn't so light like on my other new LV bags. I think, that somebody has return that bag after 2 weeks of using it.
And I must say, that the SA's doesn't look very good, if someone brings back a bag. I have retourned a Danube, and the SA taked it and withoud to have a look at it, she has puted it in the drawer.:sad:

I absolutely HATE this new "tracking of returns" that a lot of stores are doing. As many have said, they accept returns without checking the merchandise and then resell it. But as consumers we get dinged when we actually return due to their lack of diligence. Also, with the world of charge-send (which I know helps the stores as much as it helps the consumer), things often don't fit, don't look as pictured or simply isn't right. That should not be held against the consumer. Don't get me wrong - some people abuse the system of returns, but those people are easily spotted and can be handled in other ways.

Sorry for the rant, but girlsgottoshop, I understand your anger. LV is wrong in this instance.

While there seems to be quality issues cropping up with LV, there is also a problem of boutiques and Elux reselling obviously worn purses. There is no excuse for either happening. It may be time LV puts some kind of mechanism in to assure that we are not buying merchandise that has been 'on a test run' by a previous buyer, like not removing the plastic wrap on the handles or similar.

Be VERY careful with selecting your next few purchases. When LV contacts you in regards to a quantity of returns, they have placed a flag on your account and they will watch it for the next 6 months. She should have also explained to you that your next purchase there will not be a return or exchanged allowed and to be very certain of your purchase. This is what LV does to those that make numerous returns within a short period of time, this happened to my neighbor after she exchanged several items her husband bought her for other items. I would write a letter to LV headquarters and copy it to the manager of the boutique that called you regarding your returns so she/he also has a copy. IMPORTANT!! Do NOT order via phone or online, make your purchases over the next 6 months in person only, so you can examine the item before buying it. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info! I must not have a flag because she told me to come in and exchange my key cles that has a pitted key chain. I didn't even look at it Friday night....just trusted that it would be fine. I can't believe I didn't look after all my bad experiences. I just trusted that the mono would be fine...which it is, but the darn key clasp has pits in it...like someone took a little hammer and dented the crap out of it. I'm just not understanding all of this. I told her my concerns and I'll talk to her more on Tuesday when I go in. I'm definitely going to write to corporate because I think it's crap. I've only ever returned defective hearts and defective inclusion pieces. PERIOD. I feel like it's really unfair that now I'm being treated like some scam artist! LOL

BTW, the two hearts I returned from vuitton.com had a return shipping label coming from elux. If I wanted to return to them, it was going straight back to elux.....probably to be sold again!! I found this very interesting since a lot of people have received defective merchandise from elux.

I am sorry that you went through all of this. There seems to be an increasing issue with quality control, and that, not the number of returns an individual makes, should be L.V.'s main concern!! If we, as customers, accept defective merchandise, then the company will not make any effort to correct this problem!!

Louis Vuitton is known for quality merchandise. They had better be careful that they don't ruin their reputation!!

:sad:

Agreed!!! The manager told me that they have such high quality merchandise.....this is a rare occurance! REALLY?!!!! Why do so many people on here have problems?! I don't think that it's all because we're being extremely picky either. I showed each item to my husband...who could care less.....he said they all were defective.

^^^

Sorry this has happened to you, GGTS, I know from your posts that you aren't an impulsive LV buyer, you just had some bad luck with those !#$#$ hearts !!

I would think LV would have more of a problem with those who return/exchange things after waiting until the 30 or 60 day limit...In your case, it seems pretty logical, you didn't wait weeks out to return....

Can I ask, are you a VIP or frequent customer at the boutique? I wonder if they track everyone's returns???

damn that sucks a lil, but when you've returned ever item you have explained why. I think its rude that they would ask why you have such high level of returns.They allready know why! you've told them!

grr i would be just as annoyed as you sweetie. x

I read an online article that stated luxury stores (NM, Saks, LV, etc.) are tracking returns as a way of spotting possible resellers. Designers and stores want to somehow limit the number of purchases resellers can make and/or return if the item doesn't sell on ebay, etc. Obviously this is not the case here, but wanted to post as an fyi for all pfers.

I'm really sorry to hear about that. You are obviously not the only one who's been subjected to recent quality control issues, and it's not fair that customers are punished for the company's carelessness. Please keep us posted about what happens, if you decide to write to the company.

^^^

Sorry this has happened to you, GGTS, I know from your posts that you aren't an impulsive LV buyer, you just had some bad luck with those !#$#$ hearts !!

I would think LV would have more of a problem with those who return/exchange things after waiting until the 30 or 60 day limit...In your case, it seems pretty logical, you didn't wait weeks out to return....

Can I ask, are you a VIP or frequent customer at the boutique? I wonder if they track everyone's returns???

No, I'm not a VIP....although I feel like I should be and that's another thing that makes me mad because I am a very frequent customer. I always considered myself to be a great customer to LV....I buy mostly limited edition bags and I buy a lot of accessories in general. I returned the hearts right after I received them, so they know they weren't used. I just don't get it. It's like LV doesn't want to admit to the fact that they put out defective items. It's like they hope some sucker will come along and buy them. LOL

I read an online article that stated luxury stores (NM, Saks, LV, etc.) are tracking returns as a way of spotting possible resellers. Designers and stores want to somehow limit the number of purchases resellers can make and/or return if the item doesn't sell on ebay, etc. Obviously this is not the case here, but wanted to post as an fyi for all pfers.

Hmmmm....I wonder if they think I bought them to sell on eBay? Maybe. I didn't, but they might think I did. I'll have to ask the manager when I go in on Tuesday.

Thank you all for your support!! It means the world to me! I was really feeling down about all of this yesterday and I'm feeling a lot better thanks to you all. This is why I love this place!!!!!

BTW, the two hearts I returned from vuitton.com had a return shipping label coming from elux. If I wanted to return to them, it was going straight back to elux.....probably to be sold again!! I found this very interesting since a lot of people have received defective merchandise from elux.

I recently found out that both Eluxury and www.louis.com use the same warehouse and service/inventory center. I was so surprised when I found this out because each website has different inventory available :shrugs: