Should I be stuffing my bags?

1. When they are in their dustbags-should they be stuffed or no? Right now none of them are stuff-they are just in their dustbags in the bottom of my closet. What do you do?

2. I stuff mine when they're being stored in their dustbags. I think it helps keep the bag's shape, especially the ones that are a little more floppy or have less structure. It helps a lot to stuff them if you store them vertically ("standing up") instead of lying down too....

I usually keep the originally stuffing that comes with the bag if it's nice, or just use tissue paper. Then I just put the stuffing in the dustbag while I'm using the purse.

3. Either stuff or hang. Softer bags do well with hanging, like my MJ Stella - she'd stretch too much if I overstuffed her.

4. I stuff if it's a bag that tends to flop over or not stay with it's shape when unstuffed.

5. I stuff mine except for the ones that are flat in shape.

6. I stuff

7. I used to sell handbags, and if they're the slouchy type, there's no need at all to stuff them. If they're more structured, or they crease/scratch easily (like the Ferragamo leathers of old), then it's suggested that you stuff them during storage.

A Chanel 2.55 reissue or YSL Muse, I'd stuff. Something like a Paddington, not really needed.

8. I stuff ones that might bend easily.

9. I stuff all my bags with old T's. Never hang your bags because the straps will break. For all LVs unbuckle the straps for storing so that you won't have a black mark there.

10. I stuff them before storing so they will keep their shape. I tried not stuffing before and the bag became a little "slanty" after a while. NOt good.

11. I have a question... Is it all right to use newspaper to stuff your bags? Or you should you use tissue paper or the paper that comes in the bag?

12. I stuff them. I wouldn't use newspaper.

13. Ooooh, agree! Ink comes off of newsprint REALLY easily. It would almost certainly soil your lining after awhile.

Oh, I stuff mine too - with clean cotton t-shirts...

14. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who stuffs her bags with textiles! Except mine are sizable fabric scraps (less than a yard in length) folded and arranged to form the bag's shape. It's always a pleasant surprise to find a bit of silk or really nice cotton which I was saving for "later" or something "special" and had forgotten about. I'll show you what I've done with the raspberry silk when I've finished.
    Kate

15. i always stuff mine!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice