Should I be slightly disappointed?

Mar 2, 2014
Hi everyone

For the past 10 years I have been an avid Mulberry collector, however, at the beginning of the year I fell in love with Louis Vuitton.

I purchased an Emilie wallet in March but it started to crack at the sides so I had to return back to Harrods. They offered a repair, which would take 8-12 weeks, so I decided to put the money towards a Neverfull.

I paid £24 delivery (which is a lot!!!) and it was delivered today. I am soooo happy with the bag, it is beautiful. However, I am slightly disappointed that they did not include the Louis Vuitton brown storage box. I planned to store the bag in it when I wasn't using it. It only came with the dust bag.

Does anyone know if the boxes are discretionary or are they supposed to accompany every handbag/wallet, etc?

Thanks x

Hi there, when I bought my neverfull off of the LV website, it came with a brown box & dust bag. Although its nice to have the brown box, I hear that you're not supposed to store your bags in the box anyway. I hear it may cause mold to grow in your bag. I would call the 1800 number or stop by a store and get your box, I would be upset as well if I got something that expensive and it doesn't come with a box. :smile:

Hi everyone

For the past 10 years I have been an avid Mulberry collector, however, at the beginning of the year I fell in love with Louis Vuitton.

I purchased an Emilie wallet in March but it started to crack at the sides so I had to return back to Harrods. They offered a repair, which would take 8-12 weeks, so I decided to put the money towards a Neverfull.

I paid £24 delivery (which is a lot!!!) and it was delivered today. I am soooo happy with the bag, it is beautiful. However, I am slightly disappointed that they did not include the Louis Vuitton brown storage box. I planned to store the bag in it when I wasn't using it. It only came with the dust bag.

Does anyone know if the boxes are discretionary or are they supposed to accompany every handbag/wallet, etc?

Thanks x
They usually accompany every bag/wallet. Idk how it is with Mulberry but with LV you are not supposed to store bags inside the boxes. It dries out the leather and cracks it. I have so many boxes they are just a waste sitting in the closet. No use for them besides if I were to ever re-sell I know there's people out there who would like a box. You're only supposed to store your LV in the dust bag in the closet or area with some ventilation.

I've heard other stories about designer bags being bought from big dept stores and arriving less than perfectly packed, I'm sorry this has happened to you. I'd definitely either call into Harrods and complain or if you cannot do so email them.
TBH you are far far better buying LV directly from a store or their website. The postage you paid was ridiculous, I bought my SpeedyB online last month and not only was the postage free but it arrived in a box with a dust bag. In future go directly to LV :smile:

I've heard other stories about designer bags being bought from big dept stores and arriving less than perfectly packed, I'm sorry this has happened to you. I'd definitely either call into Harrods and complain or if you cannot do so email them.
TBH you are far far better buying LV directly from a store or their website. The postage you paid was ridiculous, I bought my SpeedyB online last month and not only was the postage free but it arrived in a box with a dust bag. In future go directly to LV :smile:
Thanks everyone. I guess I have seen sooooo many unboxing videos where they come with the box I thought mine would too. I didn't realise you shouldn't store the bags in the box, I guess I am not so disappointed now!
Unfortunately, because I live I the Channel Islands I can only order from Harrods, as LV don't deliver here, so I guess I have to put up with the postage.

Thanks again for the advice. Can wait to get her protected with LMB protector and then we are off out to enjoy the sun. X

Congratulations on your new NF! All my brown boxes are sitting in my basement or have been thrown out, because I don't want to store my bags in them. My MIL once bought me an LV wallet from Saks that came in a Saks box with the wallet wrapped in tissue paper and no dust bag, so I know how you feel. Enjoy your new bag!

First of all, congrats for your new bag!
I have learned to NEVER storage your bags inside a box. Remember that the bag is made of leather, which is skin and it needs to breath otherwise it cracks and dehydrates. I always storage all my bags inside the dust bags and I have thrown away the boxes. Hope this helps and be happy, the neverfull is such a wonderful bag!

congrats on your neverfull!
I just wanted to let you know that here in Hawaii, bags do not always come with a box.
when my husband bought me my first LV piece (a NF) I automatically thought it would come with a box too!
but it didn't and I was too ashamed to ask for one.

a couple months later, when he bought me my alma bb
I asked the SA to box it nicely cause it was our anniversary and he was super sweet and accommodating!
then I asked the question why my neverfull did not come in a box.
he told me that because Hawaii is such a large tourist attraction, they don't box bags automatically because its hard to pack the boxes in a luggage.
but he also did tell me that when I do make a purchase, just let them know I want a box and one will be given to me!
maybe you can call the store and ask them for one?
HTH

I bought 5 bags from Louis Vuitton store, only one came with a box, which is the Speedy, because "we don't have extra boxes in the store", they only have the extremely huge thin paper boxes which I don't want at all. I asked my SA to call me when she found a box for me, she never called. So one day I just walked in the store and asked for a box, they checked my record and finally gave me one box.

I know we are not supposed to store the bag in the box but that should be our decision, LV is luxury and it should be all about customer service and purchasing experience, I think you have every right to feel a little bit disappointed.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

also, like what everyone else was saying..
I don't store my bags (anymore, after learning from TPF) in the boxes
but I do put the bags on top of the boxes, just adds a little "umph" to me lol