should I be offended?

Don't feel bad about being picky - you have every right to be sure something is up to your standards before spending your hard earned money on it. Your DH may have been reading too much into it, especially if he thinks you're too picky. If they worked on commission I'd say shop elsewhere so someone who deserves it can earn commission on your purchases but its my understanding they don't so I would just continue to shop there and continue to speak up about getting the best bag - why should you buy a bag with flaw or scratch on it if there is a perfectly good one in the back.

We now have 2 stores in my city, the first was like yours, always a funny attitude towards me and very snotty. They HATED when I wanted to make sure my bag was all good. I finally stopped going to that store and went to the new one, everyone in that store is AMAZING! They all tell me "You're spending as much as you are on a bag, you have every right to make sure it's perfect.".

Girl!!! You should've bought something if you wanted to. No offense but that's what they get paid to do. And customer service is very important. I'm sure Coach wouldn't want bad complaints about the customer service at one their stores. Because if I ever get a SA that's nasty towards me I'm calling corporate. Sorry! But I want the best and they want the commission. So go back up there and buy that bag.LOL!!!

I have only one store near me and NO outlet stores closer than a 2 hour drive, so I'm stuck with my SA's.

They were snooty the first time I shopped there, but as I established myself as a customer and they saw that I treat my bags like children, they changed.
(Now, they could almost be considered *stalkers* :P, they call, write and hang all over me when I visit!) They just bring out the best bag they have and I rarely have to ask to see another, because they know how picky I am.

But, they may also be more friendly because when I was uncomfortable with the staring and whispering on my 1st visit (I was the only customer in the store, too), I looked directly at them, looked down at my shoes, looked back at them and "Thank God! I thought I had toilet paper hanging off my shoe!" They got the idea and have been the picture of customer service ever since!

It *is* possible they didn't realize they were sending a bad vibe. But, if you are uncomfortable there, by all means, go where you *are* comfortable! The clerks in the other store could probably use the commission!

I don't think I would be offended unless I had actually heard them talking negatively about me or knew what they were saying. There's no way to know if they were even talking about you at all.

Aaaaa Haaaaa!!!! ( a Charlie Chan moment) .....a very clever plan by your DH to make you paranoid and walk out without buying anything.

The things our DH's think up to save money. Next time leave him home. :lol:

Seriously tho, I wouldn't worry about it. Just do your thing. Figure your business is partly what is keeping the SA's employed.

Aaaaa Haaaaa!!!! ( a Charlie Chan moment) .....a very clever plan by your DH to make you paranoid and walk out without buying anything.

The things our DH's think up to save money. Next time leave him home. :lol:

:lolots: hahaha, i was thinking the same thing, i wouldn't put it past my hubby to pull a stunt like that just to get me outta the store!

I don't think you were overreacting, but I think you screwed yourself out of a gorgeous bag...lol! Don't let people like that get to you...they are no better than you and it's their JOB to make you happy. If they don't like that, then perhaps they should look elsewhere for work. Don't let it make you uncomfortable. Hold your head up high and don't go out of your way to go to another store. As long as you are not being rude, then you are the better person.

Andddd if you are spending that much money on a bag, then it wouldn't hurt them to go get one without scratches. I think most people are like that when making a huge purchase unless they have money to throw around.

So don't feel bad at all, just enjoy yourself--picking out a new handbag is supposed to be a fun and special experience, don't let ANYONE ruin it!

AND P.S. This is VERY IMPORTANT!!! IF DH IS THERE AND WILLING TO PURCHASE A BAG FOR YOU, NEVER LEAVE EMPTY HANDED. LOL!

Last edited:
I don't think you were overreacting, but I think you screwed yourself out of a gorgeous bag...lol! Don't let people like that get to you...they are no better than you and it's their JOB to make you happy. If they don't like that, then perhaps they should look elsewhere for work. Don't let it make you uncomfortable. Hold your head up high and don't go out of your way to go to another store. As long as you are not being rude, then you are the better person.

Andddd if you are spending that much money on a bag, then it wouldn't hurt them to go get one without scratches. I think most people are like that when making a huge purchase unless they have money to throw around.

So don't feel bad at all, just enjoy yourself--picking out a new handbag is supposed to be a fun and special experience, don't let ANYONE ruin it!

AND P.S. This is VERY IMPORTANT!!! IF DH IS THERE AND WILLING TO PURCHASE A BAG FOR YOU, NEVER LEAVE EMPTY HANDED. LOL!
Yes I agree! NEVER LEAVE EMPTY HANDED WHEN SHOPPING WITH DH, ESPECIALLY WHEN AT A COACH STORE!!!

um....getting back to business....yes, once a SA brought out for me 5 bags for me to inspect. They were very happy to do this for me and I walked out happy and I always go back there!

Don't be offended by someone else's unknown conversation...it is wasted energy, move on.

Last edited: