should I be insulted

momofgirls

O.G.
Jan 8, 2008
I friend of mine said my bridgit looks like a radio and was laugh and then my husband started laugh too I was the only one that wasn't laugh. the nerves of some people. oh my husband is in the dog house and he wants to know why. he said I am too senstive.

I was be kinda pissed too.... My SIL said my platinum bridgit looked like a gaudy old lady bag...She said the chain strap was "80's" looking... she asked if I was going to start wearing gold pants with zebra tops :rolleyes:

Your friend obviously does not know what makes a nice classy looking bag and may be a bit jealous of yours on the inside. The walnut bridgit is gorgeous and classy and it does not look like a radio! Laugh it off and know you have style!

men dont get it, my dh owns a lot of stupid looking stuff that he thinks is cool! I wouldnt let it get to you, now as for the friend maybe she is just jealous!
I happen to think the bridgit is beautiful!

I was be kinda pissed too.... My SIL said my platinum bridgit looked like a gaudy old lady bag...She said the chain strap was "80's" looking... she asked if I was going to start wearing gold pants with zebra tops :rolleyes:

Your friend obviously does not know what makes a nice classy looking bag and may be a bit jealous of yours on the inside. The walnut bridgit is gorgeous and classy and it does not look like a radio! Laugh it off and know you have style!

I know but it was the way she said it and all the laughs that came after including my husband they were crackin up. I was a bit hurt.

She's just jealous! People like to insult others to hide the fact they are jealous of them. It's pathetic, don't worry your bag does not look like a radio.

She's just jealous! People like to insult others to hide the fact they are jealous of them. It's pathetic, don't worry your bag does not look like a radio.

I must admit, there are some bags that people buy (even on here) that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole, but I would never insult them or the bag. I agree with TnC, likely she was jealous and if not she probably has some sort of complex to just openly insult the bag like that.

I must admit, there are some bags that people buy (even on here) that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole, but I would never insult them or the bag. I agree with TnC, likely she was jealous and if not she probably has some sort of complex to just openly insult the bag like that.

I agree, I don't love everything.. but I would never insult someones bag especially if they love it.. I might say it's not my style though.

I wouldn't be insulted. I don't know, I admit I kind of think stuff like that is funny (coming from men at least). Many times other women are just jealous, but then not all bags fit all people either. I personally don't have a problem saying something is not my style, or that I don't like it (when asked for an opinion), and I also don't mind people telling me they don't like my bag either (when I ask for an opinion or not). My niece ALWAYS makes fun of me from bags to everything else. If I listened to her I would have no self esteem, lol.

Tara...I've received a TON of compliments on the plat. Bridgit!! Mine has even been "confused" for a Chanel bag, lol! The metallic doesn't work for everyone, that's true...but I would have never guessed that could be an old lady bag, lol! I know some people find metallic gaudy, though. I don't like all metallics either, but I like that the Bridgit is muted and vintage looking. Oh well...to each his own!!

Rendodan110... Yup, my husband says the same thing about the pleated satchels!! When I picked up the navy patent in the store yesterday, he quickly told me I already had one of them and that was enough. I said yeah, and how many Bridgits do I have?? :rolleyes:

I would be insulted just because I love my Coach collection and DH is well aware of that. It definitely was not nice of your friend to do, but that one I could chalk up to envy. Still, not nice.