Should I be happy with this hot stamp?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Apologies for the photo, it is extremely difficult to pick up!
    This is my first hot stamped product, and I really don't know whether to be happy with it. As I hope you can see in the photo, it seems like it was positioned and not stamped properly, then stamped again.

Attached Files:

2. Awwww. I am sorry. Yes I do see it. It's also a tad off center. Personally it would bug me but I don't know that there is a way to fix that?

3. The only thing I noticed is that it is a bit off center but the stamp itself looks okay to me.

4. I see what you are saying, it looks like it was repositioned somehow ; there is a double horizontal bar/line (hard to describe but if you look at the picture close enough, you can see it.)

Where is the hot stamp, inside or outside of your bag?

5. First hot stamped or more it should have been perfect. Sorry for you. Not a lovely hot stamped. But how to fix it ?

6. Thanks for all your replies.
    It's on the inside of my GM agenda. Frustrating thing is, even if I did complain, as there's no stock around right now I won't be able to get it replaced.. So not sure whether to just live and learn.

7. You definitely have to look at it closely, so that's why I'm worried I might be being picky. It seems like the 'G' was originally higher, then moved down to the current position. I'm wondering whether the lighter bits might fade? Not really sure..
    It's on my GM agenda.

I didn't notice it at the time, and I feel they really were not wanting to deal with me in store. Went to collect a preorder from a staff member I had an issue with, who then told me they can't hot stamp my previously purchased agenda ASAP, and when asking his colleague he said he'd do it straight away. But while watching, it was clear he was struggling and not too happy.

8. Did you just get this done?
    Return the item. This is not done properly: it's clearly off center.

9. +1 (!)

10. Yep

11. It looks off, but I don't know what can be done. I don't know if they will exchange the item if it's used, even though they pressed it wrong. Yes it sucks but it's on the inside. It would but the heck out of me though. If it's brand new I'd ask for replacement, if used I don't know... Sorry for you OP! Hope it works out for you no matter what

12. I agree with everybody else here, exchange it.

I had not noticed it was off center, I saw the horizontal bar immediately upon looking at your pic.

13. Did you deal with repairs when you worked @LV? If so, if there aren't any Agendas for OP to exchange, can they replace the leather section that was stamped inside the agenda?

14. They will more likely give OP a store credit or order the agenda for her and wait to receive it. I guess a repair is also a possibility.

Speculation is not very productive though. OP: take your agenda in and see what the store offers. I am certain a solution will be found.

15. Keep us posted OP, as this would help so many of us in the future! Wish you all the best and good luck:smile: