Should I be concerned???

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
Hi,
I was wondering if I'm overreacting..

I purchased a bag off of eBay on Saturday Jul 28th.. Bag was scheduled for delivery today. I received an email from Seller apologizing that she just realized she sent me the wrong bag. I was really annoyed because this transaction was done on Saturday and bag wasn't shipped until Monday so I'm really confused in how she didn't realize she was shipping the wrong bag.
Now part 2:
I refused delivery of the package and requested that she Overnite me my original purchase which was the Retiro. There was a lot of email exchange back and forth this morning. I snapped a picture of the package saying REFUSED and I even gave her the number to the post office and a managers name just in case she wanted proof. I'm just doing whatever possible to make her feel comfortable that I'm not trying to keep or switch the delightful pm she sent me and I also want my bag that I paid for.
Part 3:
Now she agrees to overnit the bag and sends me a tracking number. I have been tracking this number all day and all it says is "Shipping info Received" now this is suppose to be Express mail so I know by now it should at least say accepted or something am I wrong?
I have sent several emails inquiring about this tracking number and I still have not received a response from her.
Should I be worried? Should I file a complaint with Paypal?

Thanks in advance

cvlshopaholic

Apr 26, 2012
It sounds like she just made the label but hasn't brought it to the post office or UPS/Fedex yet. I would wait it out and not take it to ebay/paypal just yet. If the bag comes later than expected but it is in good condition and you are satisfied with it, I would give positive feedback and make a point to describe the slow and somewhat unreliable shipping..just my 2 cents.

Holliwood

O.G.
May 23, 2006
With the tracking number not updating...I just had this situation this week. Buyer said she mailed Speedy Mirage on Monday by usps and she did provide tracking number. As of yesterday, I emailed her to say it just says tracking number assigned but didn't show it shipped. She assured me it shipped and I received it today and the usps tracking is STILL NOT UPDATED...NOT EVEN SHOWING IT WAS SHIPPED!!!!..LOL So in this instance, give it at least till Fri. It will probably show up like mine and never be updated. This is not the first time that's happened to me.

Also, you purchased on Saturday, so Monday is the only next day she can ship. She can't ship on Sunday. Not excusing her shipping the wrong bag...only that Monday was reasonable since you ordered on Saturday, IMO.

But I'm glad you covered yourself by taking pics of refusal and also that she supposedly agreed to overnight. I personally wouldn't open a case now, especially if she's being cooperative, but maybe give her a neutral when this is all worked out. Maybe give it until tomorrow close of business day.

Hope this helps you feel better. I'm sure it will work out. But shame on her for being sloppy with shipments of her goods!

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
cvlshopaholic said:
It sounds like she just made the label but hasn't brought it to the post office or UPS/Fedex yet. I would wait it out and not take it to ebay/paypal just yet. If the bag comes later than expected but it is in good condition and you are satisfied with it, I would give positive feedback and make a point to describe the slow and somewhat unreliable shipping..just my 2 cents.

One thing I am is very understanding but one thing I hate is when people don't communicate. I made it known to her on day one that I was going on vacation and I would like to receive the bag before I leave. Now mistakes do happen but communication is key. After sending several emails and no response that's not cool. I'm sure she wouldn't have appreciated if I promised to pay and didn't. I'm just really annoyed!

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
There's no need to file a complaint with PayPal. The seller made an honest mistake and seems to be going out of her way (using Express even domestically is very expensive) to right the error.

Related: Have you formally refused the package yet? This isn't the best way to get the parcel back to her --> it takes much longer than regular shipping and there's no way to track it.

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
Holliwood said:
With the tracking number not updating...I just had this situation this week. Buyer said she mailed Speedy Mirage on Monday by usps and she did provide tracking number. As of yesterday, I emailed her to say it just says tracking number assigned but didn't show it shipped. She assured me it shipped and I received it today and the usps tracking is STILL NOT UPDATED...NOT EVEN SHOWING IT WAS SHIPPED!!!!..LOL So in this instance, give it at least till Fri. It will probably show up like mine and never be updated. This is not the first time that's happened to me.

Also, you purchased on Saturday, so Monday is the only next day she can ship. She can't ship on Sunday. Not excusing her shipping the wrong bag...only that Monday was reasonable since you ordered on Saturday, IMO.

But I'm glad you covered yourself by taking pics of refusal and also that she supposedly agreed to overnight. I personally wouldn't open a case now, especially if she's being cooperative, but maybe give her a neutral when this is all worked out. Maybe give it until tomorrow close of business day.

Hope this helps you feel better. I'm sure it will work out. But shame on her for being sloppy with shipments of her goods!

Thanks girl.. I'm not questioning when she shipped it .. I was basically saying she had all of Saturday and Sunday to make sure she was shipping the correct item..
I even provided my cellphone number and asks her to give me a call but she said she was at work, understandable.

cvlshopaholic

Apr 26, 2012
One thing I am is very understanding but one thing I hate is when people don't communicate. I made it known to her on day one that I was going on vacation and I would like to receive the bag before I leave. Now mistakes do happen but communication is key. After sending several emails and no response that's not cool. I'm sure she wouldn't have appreciated if I promised to pay and didn't. I'm just really annoyed!

I hear you. A lot of sellers should know better. Either she is busy or is being lazy, but either way it's not acceptable. If you want to sell on ebay you need to commit and do it the right way. I can't stand it when sellers get wishy-washy with communication.

I would keep bugging her but I'm only saying I wouldn't do anything formal yet in terms of filing a dispute or complaint because it might delay the process further and give you a bigger headache, especially since you don't know for sure that she's actually shipped the bag. Do what you feel comfortable with going forward, though.

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
IrisCole said:
There's no need to file a complaint with PayPal. The seller made an honest mistake and seems to be going out of her way (using Express even domestically is very expensive) to right the error.

Related: Have you formally refused the package yet? This isn't the best way to get the parcel back to her --> it takes much longer than regular shipping and there's no way to track it.

I was asked by the seller to refuse the package so that way she could be sure I didn't tamper with the bag or swap etc etc..
I don't see it as going out of her way by sending it express mail. I feel as though as a seller when you make an error that's the least you can do to accommodate your buyer.. She didn't hve to wait for my payment. Once we agreed on details I paid..

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
A package may not be scanned until it is delivered. I had one going to NYC last month, Express Mail, and it disappeared for a day and a half. no scan.

Have some patience. Everyone makes mistakes.

She did not really have to ship your item until she got the other one back.

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
O.G.
Apr 13, 2012
Sorry you got the wrong package, OP. Sounds like the buyer is really going out of her way to make you happy.

I wonder about the poor person whose package you got by mistake; they will have a long wait. I had a seller mistakenly send two packages to the wrong place, but each of us sent them back to her and that way we both got our rightful packages sooner. Mistakes do happen, and if the seller is honest, they will make it good.

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
*^Update**.. I just received a few emails from the seller.. She assured me she mailed the package today and I will have it by tomorrow. That's all I wanted was some type of communication.
I realize everyone make mistakes and her sending me the wrong bag wasn't the big issue to me but when communication stop and I have done what was requested of me then I get a little nervous..
So this is why I came to the forum to get advice before going to EBay or PayPal to file a claim.
Thank u guys.. You all are the best as always :smile:

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
noshoepolish said:
A package may not be scanned until it is delivered. I had one going to NYC last month, Express Mail, and it disappeared for a day and a half. no scan.

Have some patience. Everyone makes mistakes.

She did not really have to ship your item until she got the other one back.

This is why I brought this to the forum.. Reassurance.. Thank you..
Of course we all make mistakes.. The mistake wasn't the issue.. Communication is key :smile:

Holliwood

O.G.
May 23, 2006
*^Update**.. I just received a few emails from the seller.. She assured me she mailed the package today and I will have it by tomorrow. That's all I wanted was some type of communication.
I realize everyone make mistakes and her sending me the wrong bag wasn't the big issue to me but when communication stop and I have done what was requested of me then I get a little nervous..
So this is why I came to the forum to get advice before going to EBay or PayPal to file a claim.
Thank u guys.. You all are the best as always :smile:

:tpfrox:

yoyotomatoe

Live~Laugh~Love
O.G.
Jan 16, 2012
Hi OP, yes I wouldn't worry about tracking. USPS is actually not a formal tracking system like UPS/Fedex, therefore your package status may not update until even after you have received your package. That has happened to me before and there is lots of situations like that if you google it (that's what I did when I shipped a package to a buyer and tracking never updated).

Also, sometimes people get busy and can't respond to emails right away or as soon as you would like, especially when you have pressing issues that you want addressed asap. I am glad she got back to you though. She seems to be a responsible/reasonable seller.