Should I be bitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rather distressed to have to break some disappointing news to the OP, but I am reasonably certain that to qualify for the LV lifestyle one must meet the 3 bag minimum.

All of this is carefully explained in the social circular they send around when one is invited into the lifestyle by LV's secretary of community and lifestyle affairs, Mrs. Thurston Howell the third.

Shucks... I guess I don't quality :sad:...but thats a good excuse to pick up a third. :graucho:

Maybe my first post came off a bit snooty even though I didn't mean it that way. We work our butts off for everything that we have...and we happen to do very well (trust me, I came from nothing. I had no clue what a coach purse was until my husband bought me one 10 years ago). I guess my point is that even with all we have, it was hard for me to pull the trigger. Ok, so they don't make as much as we do (Like I said, I'm not going into specifics), but it just bothers me that they drop over $1000 like it's no big deal, a mere week after I finally get mine. (I might add too that she had no clue that my bag was a LV b/c I have the DE Canvas until my SIL was like "woah, when did you get the LV bag?".) So no, she doesn't really know anything about LV...it was just something she and my BIL did to try to keep up.

Look at it this way...If you went out one day and bought a brand new Mercedes, and then a family member went out and bought a new mercedes the following week, wouldn't it leave a sour taste in your mouth for a little while? At least give me some time to enjoy my new item instead of stealing my thunder right away! If that's conceited, then so be it.
No it wouldn't. It really depends on the person if they are confident and carefree enough not to be bothered. I agree with someone that said you should look at it positively that now you have someone else to discuss bags with. When you care about people you want them to do well too, so their success is your success. Hell some of us even go so far as to buy LV FOR our family members! How is she stealing your thunder exactly? Do you both work at the same job, have the same friends and attend the same events?

I don't even understand what a "LV Lifestyle" is... we are all so different in here. But who is to say we don't deserve to have LV? Who is to say you cannot enjoy your new item just because someone else got it? It feels a little childish. Just enjoy your bags, and let your SIL enjoy hers!
agreed!!!!!OP...grow up and enjoy your bag..

I get what you're saying, I think it's not really related to the price of the bag, more so like how she copied your wedding dress at the last minute. This bag was your special thing for your birthday and now it doesn't seem so special. I think you're mad she stole your thunder. Ignore the haters out there. I imagine some SILs can be annoying like this and you just wanted a place to vent without being attacked. Getting your first LV is a big deal so don't feel any less special because she got one right after.

I get what you're saying, I think it's not really related to the price of the bag, more so like how she copied your wedding dress at the last minute. This bag was your special thing for your birthday and now it doesn't seem so special. I think you're mad she stole your thunder. Ignore the haters out there. I imagine some SILs can be annoying like this and you just wanted a place to vent without being attacked. Getting your first LV is a big deal so don't feel any less special because she got one right after.
1. Copying a wedding dress is totally different and her SIL got the same style, not the exact same print. Based on the price point I assume she got a speedy which is THE most common LV bag. If this was an LE, SO or Mon mono it might be different.
2. Who are these "haters" you speak of? Surely you don't mean people who own wayyy more than one LV who feel the OP is being rather elitist and snobby....
3. The OP is not being attacked we are simply trying to combat an attitude that there is a particular "LV Lifestyle" and certain people are more deserving. Anyone who pays for it, deserves it!

Maybe my first post came off a bit snooty even though I didn't mean it that way. We work our butts off for everything that we have...and we happen to do very well (trust me, I came from nothing. I had no clue what a coach purse was until my husband bought me one 10 years ago). I guess my point is that even with all we have, it was hard for me to pull the trigger. Ok, so they don't make as much as we do (Like I said, I'm not going into specifics), but it just bothers me that they drop over $1000 like it's no big deal, a mere week after I finally get mine. (I might add too that she had no clue that my bag was a LV b/c I have the DE Canvas until my SIL was like "woah, when did you get the LV bag?".) So no, she doesn't really know anything about LV...it was just something she and my BIL did to try to keep up.

Look at it this way...If you went out one day and bought a brand new Mercedes, and then a family member went out and bought a new mercedes the following week, wouldn't it leave a sour taste in your mouth for a little while? At least give me some time to enjoy my new item instead of stealing my thunder right away! If that's conceited, then so be it.
OP, I don't think it has anything to do with being conceited but everything to do with level of maturity in which you seem to be lacking. You need to come back down to earth and get over yourself. I have never cared if my friends were to buy the same item as me after they see me wearing it, nor would I ever care if they wore the same thing as me at the same time. Don't you have better things to concern yourself with in life then a darn handbag? I don't want to come off as attacking you but this really is a silly subject matter that I would expect from a 10 year old and not from a grown woman. I mean, didn't you feel silly even posting this thread asking such childish things:nogood:?

This is from the OP post...
(Look at it this way...If you went out one day and bought a brand new Mercedes, and then a family member went out and bought a new mercedes the following week, wouldn't it leave a sour taste in your mouth for a little while? At least give me some time to enjoy my new item instead of stealing my thunder right away! If that's conceited, then so be it.)

No it wouldn't leave a sour taste in my mouth, as a matter of fact I bought a little toy to enjoy on the weekends and not a month later my Sister bought the exact same car, color and everything!! I was happy for her!!

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Copying a wedding dress is totally different and her SIL got the same style, not the exact same print. Based on the price point I assume she got a speedy which is THE most common LV bag. If this was an LE, SO or Mon mono it might be different.
2. Who are these "haters" you speak of? Surely you don't mean people who own wayyy more than one LV who feel the OP is being rather elitist and snobby....
3. The OP is not being attacked we are simply trying to combat an attitude that there is a particular "LV Lifestyle" and certain people are more deserving. Anyone who pays for it, deserves it!
Ummmm agreed...how can you compare a handbag to a wedding dress? That's like comparing apples and cucumbers...not even oranges! And like JadaStormy said, who here is hating? I happened to have purchased an LV bag and my gf wanted the same thing...and I helped her get the exact same bag as me a few days later. So if you have the same attitude as the OP, maybe you need check yourself as well and work on your character. This is not attacking by any means, OP asked for our opinions and we are giving it her. If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.