Should I be avoiding new?!

1. been getting back into my mulberry lately. Want to get a Bayswater for work and a Lily for little trips out.
    My main want is a blue colour for my bags. I have an oak Kenya leanther Rampling and it's lovely but don't need another tan bag.
    I love this seasons deepsea blue (already bought a purse in the colour!). But catching up with posts on here is making me very reticent to buy new now.

Should I stick to trying to hunt down some blue/grey/unusual colour older bags? I'm fastidious about my expensive things. If theleather is going to start failing by six months I won't be a happy bunny

2. If you love the colour and the bag, I would go for it! I have bought some pieces from Mulberry recently and have no problems with the quality.

3. I think it depends on personal taste really. I much prefer the older leathers; I think the new leathers (or maybe it's the designs) look a bit plastic-y and are too stiff for my liking, especially on the new zipped Bays and Leightons.

4. I would buy a heritage Bayswater in deep sea if that’s what you want. The small classic grain isn’t even THAT new leather, it’s been around for some years now. I have a medium Lily in porcelain blue and I haven’t had any issues with it, not with leather or the new hardware. So I would say go for it! I think Mulberry is overall very good in aftercare also, if some issues would arise.

5. Thanks everyone. I'll go have a play and a feel again in the shop.
    They definitely don't seem so robust these days - and they are worlds apart from the Rampling.
    Taimi - how long has the small classic been about for then? Do they not change the leather quality within the description ? Or does it stay the same and get call something else if it changes?
    I was put off after seeing a thread showing lots of wear and colour loss to Oxbloods after very light few and very little time.

6. I can’t say exactly how long the small classic grain has been made, but some years anyway. I have a grey medium Lily with suede lining which is also in small classic grain and I’ve bought it preloved maybe two years ago. I think the descriptions are pretty accurate, but of course the leather batches can still vary.

The natural grain leather is new and I suppose some people have had issues with it, especially in oxblood. But it’s not the same leather as the small classic grain or the old nvt leather.

7. I own a black heritage small classic grain Bayswater which I bought two years ago to replace my black NVT one (which I never quite got on due to the brass hardware). I also own a black grainy print bays which is older; I think I bought it in 2013. However it still looks great.

I also love the lily style and recently added a second black lily with silver hardware to my collection which I bought this year. I have no issues around the quality. My other black lily was bought in 2011 and after heavy use over 7 years I sent it off to mulberry for repairs. Got the chain replaced, postman’s lock changed and repair to inking and it looks just as good as the one I bought this year except that the leather is softer.

8. Where is this thread (link)? I was about to buy a oxblood.

9. My oxblood Lily is fine!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H815 met Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice