Should have looked better :/

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

So I dabble in the preloved market and purchased a preloved tote. I Have a little one so when it came in, I took a quick peak, said it's great and back in the dustbag it went until I was ready to use it. Well many months later I noticed tearing of the monogram canvas at the strap.

Okay, so lesson learned, look closer next time:/, but does anyone have any recommendations for how to try and ensure it doesn't get worse? By any chance :/

Thank you so much for any suggestions!

2. What bag is it and when was it made?
    Do you have a picture?

3. Is it a strap that can be replaced? Which bag is it?

4. Estrela - it's not the straps - it's the monogram canvas that's cracked-

Will try and take a photo

Attached Files:

5. What's the date code?

6. #6 Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    Hard to read but must be 2011 because I believe they switched to leather tag date codes in 2012 for the Estrela. This is the old model.

7. I would honestly take it to LV. If they find it to be a flaw with the bag you may get a credit. It's definitely worth trying because it is cracking where the handle is attached. ya never know :smile: And in answering your question, i would say the only way to stop it from getting worse would be to not use the bag or put anything in it therefore nothing :sad: Good luck huni x

8. As a last resort, I would dab a little Super Glue into the tear and then press it together for a minute til it drys. That stuff is so strong! Only do this a last resort though. I don't know if it will work and I don't know if it will cause any discoloration or anything. But if your only other option is to not use it, then it's worth a shot!

9. It looks torn to me rather than a crack. Especially because of where it is right on the chap. Previous owner probably carried too much weight in the bag. Either use it and enjoy it, or resell it. :smile:

10. How long ago did you purchase it?

11. Thank you. I appreciate the advice. I think the previous owner was too rough :/

12. Thank you!! I actually was thinking along this line also. There is flexible glue made for fabric and canvas for loctite (produces super glue). I'm thinking it may work as a last resort fix.

Thank you for the advice! 💕

13. I agree with you. I don't think it was the bag, I think it was the user :/

Thank you so much for responding and the advice ;)

14. A couple months ago. I tried buying a different one more recently, once I realized this, but that didn't work out. :/

I really really love the bag and the style. Other than this, the bag is fine.

15. I would take it to a cobbler. Will it be as good as new? Probably not but it might have a little more life left in it. Search the forums. I read about somebody that glued the canvas and then painted the fix. So sorry this happened to you. That should have been disclosed by the seller.