Should Frivole Earrings Be 100% Symmetrical?

I can see the size difference too. I think one petal is slightly larger than the others. I wonder if it's folded slightly less, thus making it look larger (more flat).
I was wondering the same. It looks like the bottom left petal on the left earring is larger than the other petals. I too wonder if it is just the angle of the petal.
OP - is that what you are referring to?
From your posts I would return and continue to try and get a pair through the boutique so you can examine ahead of time.

Reactions: BBC
I was wondering the same. It looks like the bottom left petal on the left earring is larger than the other petals. I too wonder if it is just the angle of the petal.
OP - is that what you are referring to?
From your posts I would return and continue to try and get a pair through the boutique so you can examine ahead of time.

Thanks lynne_ross! That is exactly what I’m referring to (the bottom left petal on the left earring compared to the bottom petal on the right earring) and I noticed it the moment I opened the box. But I’m the type that tends to instantly notice all the little details so what I notice maybe others won’t. Thanks for the advice. I’m planning on returning them. I’ll post an update whenever I get a new pair!

Reactions: lynne_ross
Well, I can see the difference that you noticed, and I hope that you take the choice to return them. Once you see something that bothered you, always will be thinking about it. And for the price are you paying, you must be 100% happy with them.

I agree completely. I’m afraid I might not enjoy them to the fullest after noticing the size difference between the two earrings. Thanks so much for weighing in.

Agree with sbelle, they are yours and you are the only person who need to feel great about it. I know VCA does "artistic adjustment" accordingly so that when you have the earrings on, the piece should work with your face and feature as a whole. Like how they have left and right side for the earrings so that the earrings are made to angle particularly for that side of the ear to make the earrings more flattering. I do think the bottle line is that - you are OK with it, and happy to love them. That matter's the most, in my humble opinion.

Thank you swisshera! These purchases are supposed to bring us some level of joy and the difference in size put a damper on that for me. I appreciate you weighing in!

I can tell that the petals on the right earring are slightly more than those on the left earrings, only after I examined the photos closely to look for what you observed. Per my own experience, any difference seen in a photo is much more pronounced in real life. Once, I received a pair of custom-made earrings with cast metal work (which is expected to vary slightly in size due to natural manufacturing variation). The size difference bothered me a lot, especially that I am extremely picky about straightness and symmetry. Like you, I posted the earrings online and asked for opinion. Majority of the respondents said they could not see any difference, and told me the asymmetry should be less when worn on separate ears. At the end, against everyone’s advice, I returned the earrings to have them recast and remade. Glad that I did. The new earrings were many times better, and I was thrilled. I enjoy wearing my earrings every time.
Do not feel uneasy about returning the earrings. Not only are they expensive, but also that they must make you happy wearing them every time.

Thank you so much for the advice and for sharing your story. I’m sure when the time is right I’ll come across the perfect pair. I agree that the size difference is much more pronounced and obvious in real life and very much noticeable on my ears when I tried them on. I’ll post an update whenever I get a new pair!

Like tgg I am having trouble seeing any difference from the pictures. Maybe it is just easier to see in person.

I think you should return them because even if we can’t see the difference in the picture, you do and you are the one who will be wearing them. I think you will always feel that you “settled” for something less than perfect . Whenever I have settled, I regretted it later.

Good luck !!

That’s sound advice, sbelle! Thank you so much.

I think the size difference is quite noticeable when you put them side by side like this, but I am sure no one else would notice when you have them on opposite sides of your face, but I am sure you will see it every time you look at your face, at least I would, and that would bother ME. I wore peals that differed in size a bit once (I had accidentally taken one from another pair of pearls) and I felt like my whole head looked crooked and asymmetrical even though the size difference was minimal. :smile:

LOL [emoji38]! Too funny! I’m going to return these.