Should Frivole Earrings Be 100% Symmetrical?

diva lee

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Hi VCA experts! I just received the small yellow gold frivole earrings and noticed that the petal at the bottom of the left earring is larger than the bottom petal on the right side. Is it normal for each individual earring to differ slightly or should they be perfectly symmetrical with each other? As soon as I opened the box I noticed the flower was a little smaller and narrower on the right earring. Thanks in advance for any insight you may have on this. I’m brand new to the VCA world and this is my first purchase so I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Hi TGG! I purchased the earrings online directly from VCA since they were unavailable at the three boutiques I visited. I’m wondering how closely each earring should mirror the other.

Here are some blurry pics but hopefully you can see what I’m referring to. The petals on the right earring are smaller than the petals on the left earring. I also noticed the difference when I tried them on.

View attachment 4192153View attachment 4192154
I honestly can’t see a difference based on your photos. VCA jewelry is handmade but I would expect that these are cast and should be mirror images.
Since you purchased directly from VCA I don’t think you should worry.
The small frivole earrings are wonderful.

Reactions: LadyCupid
I honestly can’t see a difference based on your photos. VCA jewelry is handmade but I would expect that these are cast and should be mirror images.
Since you purchased directly from VCA I don’t think you should worry.
The small frivole earrings are wonderful.

Thanks so much. They’re absolutely beautiful but the size difference is noticeable at the bottom of the earrings. I’m debating if I should send them back. My first instinct was to get the yellow gold pave Vintage Alhambra earrings but I want to purchase those in the boutique to ensure I get the sizing right. Hmm, I’ll have to sleep on it for sure.

Thanks so much. They’re absolutely beautiful but the size difference is noticeable at the bottom of the earrings. I’m debating if I should send them back. My first instinct was to get the yellow gold pave Vintage Alhambra earrings but I want to purchase those in the boutique to ensure I get the sizing right. Hmm, I’ll have to sleep on it for sure.
I wish that I could appreciate what you are seeing but I don’t see a size difference.
It sounds as if you have buyers remorse.
I would take them to a boutique and allow the manager to inspect the earrings.
Perhaps you can exchange them for another pair or decide to get something else?
I’m sure that you can work something out.
Good luck :flowers:

I wish that I could appreciate what you are seeing but I don’t see a size difference.
It sounds as if you have buyers remorse.
I would take them to a boutique and allow the manager to inspect the earrings.
Perhaps you can exchange them for another pair or decide to get something else?
I’m sure that you can work something out.
Good luck :flowers:

Thanks so much for your response. It says online that you can only return the earrings to their online store so I’ll probably have to go that route. Even though they’re beautiful, I’m a little underwhelmed with this particular pair. The diamonds don’t look particularly sparkly on these either. I only ordered online because all three NMs I called didn’t have these earrings in stock and all said it could take 6 months before they will arrive. And I’ve already been waiting 5 months for my store to receive a pair. Thanks again! I really value your opinion.

Reactions: texasgirliegirl
Hi VCA experts! I just received the small yellow gold frivole earrings and noticed that the petal at the bottom of the left earring is larger than the bottom petal on the right side. Is it normal for each individual earring to differ slightly or should they be perfectly symmetrical with each other? As soon as I opened the box I noticed the flower was a little smaller and narrower on the right earring. Thanks in advance for any insight you may have on this. I’m brand new to the VCA world and this is my first purchase so I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Diva Leee

Like tgg I am having trouble seeing any difference from the pictures. Maybe it is just easier to see in person.

I think you should return them because even if we can’t see the difference in the picture, you do and you are the one who will be wearing them. I think you will always feel that you “settled” for something less than perfect . Whenever I have settled, I regretted it later.

Good luck !!

I think the size difference is quite noticeable when you put them side by side like this, but I am sure no one else would notice when you have them on opposite sides of your face, but I am sure you will see it every time you look at your face, at least I would, and that would bother ME. I wore peals that differed in size a bit once (I had accidentally taken one from another pair of pearls) and I felt like my whole head looked crooked and asymmetrical even though the size difference was minimal. :smile:

Like tgg I am having trouble seeing any difference from the pictures. Maybe it is just easier to see in person.

I think you should return them because even if we can’t see the difference in the picture, you do and you are the one who will be wearing them. I think you will always feel that you “settled” for something less than perfect . Whenever I have settled, I regretted it later.

Good luck !!

Agree with sbelle, they are yours and you are the only person who need to feel great about it. I know VCA does "artistic adjustment" accordingly so that when you have the earrings on, the piece should work with your face and feature as a whole. Like how they have left and right side for the earrings so that the earrings are made to angle particularly for that side of the ear to make the earrings more flattering. I do think the bottle line is that - you are OK with it, and happy to love them. That matter's the most, in my humble opinion.

Here are some blurry pics but hopefully you can see what I’m referring to. The petals on the right earring are smaller than the petals on the left earring. I also noticed the difference when I tried them on.

View attachment 4192153View attachment 4192154

Well, I can see the difference that you noticed, and I hope that you take the choice to return them. Once you see something that bothered you, always will be thinking about it. And for the price are you paying, you must be 100% happy with them.

Reactions: BBC
I can tell that the petals on the right earring are slightly more than those on the left earrings, only after I examined the photos closely to look for what you observed. Per my own experience, any difference seen in a photo is much more pronounced in real life. Once, I received a pair of custom-made earrings with cast metal work (which is expected to vary slightly in size due to natural manufacturing variation). The size difference bothered me a lot, especially that I am extremely picky about straightness and symmetry. Like you, I posted the earrings online and asked for opinion. Majority of the respondents said they could not see any difference, and told me the asymmetry should be less when worn on separate ears. At the end, against everyone’s advice, I returned the earrings to have them recast and remade. Glad that I did. The new earrings were many times better, and I was thrilled. I enjoy wearing my earrings every time.
Do not feel uneasy about returning the earrings. Not only are they expensive, but also that they must make you happy wearing them every time.

Reactions: WingNut and BBC