Should Ebay ban the 1 cent sale?

my boyfriend sells on Ebay and he does the whole higher priced shipping thing. He doesn't do it to be deceptive to the buyer. He just has to pay a smaller fee to Ebay because they only take 5.25% of the final selling value and nothing of the shipping.

The seller is OK with it because he charges only what things are really worth. I don't see how he is really hurting Ebay's billionare owner either :smile:

So that is my TWO cents on the subject

You are all right, eBay justcares about making money and sucking every cent off sellers...who in turn take advantage of the buyers out to look for a cheap deal.

A lot of times we complain about the high shipping fees, but I think back to the very beginnings of eBay when their fees are still reasonable, nobody complained about high shipping fees back then coz the sellers can still absorb the manageable eBay fees then.

But now, with the high eBay fees, and the high Paypal fees, and having to relist your items coz eBay crazily removes your authentic listings, plus having to compete with the fake designer goods' low pricings, I don't blame the sellers if they need to off-load some of the costs to the buyers, i.e. us.

There has to be a breaking point, and it seems sellers cannot absorb anymore which is why they pass that onto the Buyers, and the only place they can do it is in the shipping costs.

So yes I do sympathise with the honest sellers who are just trying to sell their authentic goods on a public forum at a low competitive price and having to contend with stupid eBay's rules and many fees, utimately the end users - both seller and buyer - suffer - whereas eBay laughs evilly all the way to the bank.

I hate eBay! bleh!