Should a Guy Get a Speedy 40?

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
Ok, so I really really really want to buy a speedy 40... i have been obsessing about it for months! and now the time has finally come to buy my first Louis Vuitton... and I was wondering if a 6'7" guy is going to look good with a speedy 40... I already have the Michael Kors Jet Set tote with the orange straps... and i get a lot of compliments on it... but would it look too "purselike" on a guy with my frame? I would carry it everyday as a man bag...

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

um, i wouldn't. If a bag doesn't have a shoulder strap, I think it looks too feminine for daily use.

I would go for something made for guys - like one of the Taiga bags or something from the Glace line.

I LOVE EPIs, and have a few small pieces in my collection and I have (2) EPI Keepalls (mocha and tan gold) 45, that I use for travel, but its considered luggage so its OK. :smile:

I'm also inclined to say no. I mean, it MIGHT look just ok, but it would look more feminine for everyday use. I can see the Speedy 40 being a luggage piece but not for everyday.

At 6'7" I think you'd definitely be able to pull off bigger bags- no offense but the Speedy 40 will look like a toy on you! I think either the Carryall or Keepall 45/50 would make a great handheld men's bag.

Speedy + Guy = No

If you like the style of the Speedy - Go for a Keepall with a shoulder strap. It will look much more masculine and it will have much more interior space. The strap is a great masculine touch and you will still have the option of a hand held bag with the rolled leather handles. Good-luck!

I like the carryall suggestion, however go with what you really want. It will be yours to carry and enjoy so go with what you feel most comfortable with. Post pics when you get your new bag!!

When you are investing that much money into a bag, someone else's opinion is the last thing you want. You want your selections to reflect your personality & your hard work.... period. BTW, I am a guy, and I am considering a speedy 40. I tried it on in the store, and it fits me well. I think Damier would suit me better, but I enjoy my bags. They are soooo much more than a fashion statement to me.