Shorts with Tights --- yay or nay?

Waow it's so commonly done here that I never thought of it as a no! Every brand makes their winter shorts with heavier warmer materials for each winter, I have a pair of Maje.
What I like about it is the sexy yet much more casual feel. With a good pair of flat riding style boots or just masculine flats like brogues and it's a winter look staple. You can wear that well into your 30s if you have the shape for it.

Waow it's so commonly done here that I never thought of it as a no! Every brand makes their winter shorts with heavier warmer materials for each winter, I have a pair of Maje.
What I like about it is the sexy yet much more casual feel. With a good pair of flat riding style boots or just masculine flats like brogues and it's a winter look staple. You can wear that well into your 30s if you have the shape for it.

Same here- in London you see it everywhere. I think it does depend where you live and how much you exercise to be able to wear this look with success. Accessories are very important too...this is a photo from CARVENs last collection. I will also take some real life photos....:cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 411
I know that they were trying hard to bring this look back, and I tried to get on board with it, but...no.

I think it's because 95% of the shorts worn are denim - summer shorts trying to look winter. And the tights are always black.

I know that they were trying hard to bring this look back, and I tried to get on board with it, but...no.

I think it's because 95% of the shorts worn are denim - summer shorts trying to look winter. And the tights are always black.

Denim shorts and tights remind me of girls in Cali who wear tank tops/mini skirts with bare legs and Ugg boots with a long scarf.

I've also yet to see a version of this look that I liked with darker/thicker shorts. I usually believe most styles will work with the right fabric/cut/body type/age, but I honestly have't found a celebrity in shorts/tights I liked either. Even Miranda Kerr couldn't even convince me, and I generally adore her style.

I remember all too well! I did wool shorts with tights and my sister did denim cut-offs with tights as part of her grunge art school uniform. What the h3ll were we thinking??? :biggrin:

I didn't realize it used to be popular in the early 90s. I know fashion is cyclical, but why this? I'm all for breaking fashion rules, but the beauty of seasons is that you can wear different items at different times. You don't wear all your coats year round, so it's okay to put away the shorts for a while :biggrin:

Same here- in London you see it everywhere. I think it does depend where you live and how much you exercise to be able to wear this look with success. Accessories are very important too...this is a photo from CARVENs last collection. I will also take some real life photos....:cool:

Love this look … I wear black short, skorts with tights here in winter with Church's brogues.

Doesn't seem to be a very popular combination here.

I wore shorts and tights quite often during university. I don't get the chance to wear it now that I am working, but I would still be okay with wearing it on weekends. I suppose it is more for the younger generations.

I think this look is ready to come back and is cute! It is very 90's and that's where the style trends are finding inspiration now. Sometimes, the silhouette of an outfit doesnt work with pants or you want to show off your boots or wearing a skirt isnt practical. Like all fashion choices it can be done wrong. When done right, it's a fun, yet put together look.

I am not familiar with the cutoff jeans and tights look that others in the thread are mentioning. Only the image of nice heavier fabric shorts comes to mind when I think of shorts and tights.