Shorten Vintage Coach Station Strap?

lalilyx3

Mar 27, 2011
Hi there! I have recently thrifted a great bag for only $10! A vintage 1997 Coach Station bag! However, I am a very short person and the strap is a bit too long for me. Is there anyway I can make it shorter? Can I buy like a buckle or anything to adjust the strap? Thanks!

lalilyx3 said:
Hi there! I have recently thrifted a great bag for only $10! A vintage 1997 Coach Station bag! However, I am a very short person and the strap is a bit too long for me. Is there anyway I can make it shorter? Can I buy like a buckle or anything to adjust the strap? Thanks!

I would take it to a cobbler. Most will be able to give you a few options. And since you got a great deal, "fixing" it for $20 or so will be well worth it!!

I don't like to mess with the original strap. I would buy a different strap. You can sometimes find a vintage one on ebay or you can order a new one from Silver Coach but they are a bit pricey. You might find another vintage bag that has a strap you can use. I use a strap that was on a counterfeit with one of my bags that was missing the strap.