Shorten the shoulder straps (Selma & Sutton)

Minkette

Bags are my comfort… and my child’s snack holder.
Dec 22, 2013
Hi everyone,

I own both the sutton and selma. The only aspect of the bag I'd like to change is the length of the shoulder strap. I am 5 ft.. on a good day... and even on the shortest setting, the bag still hits far lower than I'd like it to. My ideal strap length would be like the shoulder strap on the hamilton tote.

Has anyone had their straps professionally shortened? Or, perhaps shortened their straps on their own?

Thanks! :cool:

-CMH

Hi everyone,

I own both the sutton and selma. The only aspect of the bag I'd like to change is the length of the shoulder strap. I am 5 ft.. on a good day... and even on the shortest setting, the bag still hits far lower than I'd like it to. My ideal strap length would be like the shoulder strap on the hamilton tote.

Has anyone had their straps professionally shortened? Or, perhaps shortened their straps on their own?

-CMH
You might try a leather hole punch. I've used them on belts and they should work well on purse straps. Amazon.com has some good ones.

Hi everyone,

-CMH
Hi
I have the opposite need bit longer on strap, I punched another hole in with belt hole puncher so it can be done. Was very careful to measure exact distance between holes and mark it out before though :smile:

yep, I'm 5 ft too and I had to punch 3 extra holes in my medium selma.
Problem is that there's a bit of extra leather when you pull it through the loop, that extends past the links. If you wanted to, you could always get it professionally shortened, but it doesn't really bother me that much.

I got my leather hole puncher off ebay :smile: