Shorten the chain on a WOC by pros?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have read about tying a ribbon, using rings, ect... to shorten the chain on Chanel bags but has anyone had the chain shorten by professionals? I think I read Chanel will not do it but would like to know if anyone had it done by pros and if they are happy with the result.

If Chanel do shorten chains, please let me know. thank you!

2. I would like to shorten the chains as well, but I worry about the resale value and also the fact that boutique may not accept the bag as they deem the bag as non- authentic once strap is shortened (in case I need the boutique to fix loose threads etc).

3. I agree, I think it will affect your resale value! But I can't imagine it can't be done.

4. Oh! you bring up a very good point sweetpea33 I had not thought of with needing repair later and it being a problem for Chanel.

I am going to Paris in October and will inquire about the ramification of shortening the chain (I am French) and post back what I find out.