Shorten High Heels: Leather Spa? Where else?

louloulv

Apr 1, 2010
I want to shorten the heels of a pair of louboutins.

I read of a member's (vintagevix) disastrous experience when Leather Spa in NYC shortened her heels: http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glas...o-all-manolos-owners-post-pics-81186-118.html
I'm so sorry this happened to you vintagevix & Thank You for posting about it.

My question: If I don't have Leather Spa do it, then where else can I go? Who else in Manhattan can be trusted to do this?

Thank you.

You should not shorten your heels because it will deform the shoes and it can be more dangerous when you wear them. Just because you shorten the heels wouldn't make the shoes more comfortable because it wouldn't change the arch. I wear high heels everyday and I have had my heels shortened, bad decision. Just sell the shoes and get a pair that have 9cm difference between the front part and the heels :smile:

I want to shorten the heels of a pair of louboutins.

I read of a member's (vintagevix) disastrous experience when Leather Spa in NYC shortened her heels: http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glas...o-all-manolos-owners-post-pics-81186-118.html
I'm so sorry this happened to you vintagevix & Thank You for posting about it.

My question: If I don't have Leather Spa do it, then where else can I go? Who else in Manhattan can be trusted to do this?

Thank you.

There are fabulous cobbles in Texas (do not laugh but I had shoes shipped to them and they did amazing job shortening my heels).

Kosta Dino's Shoe Repair

A heel can be shorten and depending on the sole it makes a huge difference on the pressure on the ball of your feet. I suggest you contact them and send pictures – they will tell you if is possible.

There are fabulous cobbles in Texas (do not laugh but I had shoes shipped to them and they did amazing job shortening my heels).

Kosta Dino's Shoe Repair

A heel can be shorten and depending on the sole it makes a huge difference on the pressure on the ball of your feet. I suggest you contact them and send pictures – they will tell you if is possible.
Thank you MrsBradley!