Short Sleeved Blazer? Yes or No Way!

chicjean

O.G.
May 28, 2010
I'm the kind of girl that lives in jeans, a cute top and a blazer. With summer coming up, I'm thinking about maybe getting a light weight short sleeved blazer instead of scrunching up the sleeves of my regular blazers.

I can't tell if they're totally old lady, or really cute. I found the one Kristen Stewart is wearing in the photos below. It's Cynthia Vincent and I have it on hold at a local consignment shop...

So, yes or no on the short sleeve blazer? Thanks in advance :smile:

kristen-stewart-and-rag-and-bone-contrasting-single-breasted-blazer-gallery.jpg
kristen-stewart-and-toms-shoes-gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Hm...

I would love it if the sleeves were longer (especially because I love the prominent lapel). Even though it's summer, I like to have the option of covering my arms if I need to, especially if I'm going to the movies or a restaurant. You never know how cold the a/c might be.

So, yeah, it's a really nice blazer, but it leaves you with next to no options. And what if you wanted to wear it in the fall? You basically can't. It's too limiting of a buy.

I agree that this could be limiting. I feel similarly about short sleeve hoodies. I think they're cute, but if the weather was cold enough to wear long sleeves interest, I personally would want to be wearing a long sleeve jacket anyways. On the other hand, I think this would be a great piece over a long sleeve turtleneck if you're looking into the piece working for the colder months.
If you're still uncertain, you could also opt for wearing an open short sleeve camp-style shirt over a cami in the warmer weather months for a similar look with the added versatility of a shirt.

I'm not loving this either. I think blazers look best when the sleeves go past the elbows (a 3/4 sleeve would work too) and I agree with those that say the short sleeves would be limiting if it does suddenly get chilly when you're out. For me personally, this item wouldn't be versatile or timeless enough for me to invest in, but if you know you'll wear it a lot and it will complement most of your looks, go for it.

I'm not loving this either. I think blazers look best when the sleeves go past the elbows (a 3/4 sleeve would work too) and I agree with those that say the short sleeves would be limiting if it does suddenly get chilly when you're out. For me personally, this item wouldn't be versatile or timeless enough for me to invest in, but if you know you'll wear it a lot and it will complement most of your looks, go for it.

I agree.

I like it.
I got a short sleeved pinstriped navy blazer last year from one of the Go international designer(dont remenber who) and love it with jeansand white denim. I wouldn t buy many, but it is a nice change for the spring and summer.
I also havea black pique cap sleeve from a few seasons ago from Banana Republic-and wear this often in the summer.

Short sleeve blazers are a great wardrobe problem solver. You can do a lot with them. They can be tossed over a t and jeans, or a summer dress as an alternative to a short sleeve cardigan when you need a bit of coverage. Kristin's is a tuxedo style which is more limiting. I would prefer a non-tuxedo style.