Short City Trench Coat

Feb 20, 2008
Well, I ordered this in Gray using my PCE. I was so disappointed when I received it today. Although the color is lovely and the leather is amazing (almost identical to my Gray Braided Zoe) I was shocked to discover that it has 3/4 length sleeves. I would never have guessed that by looking at the pictures. Who puts 3/4 length sleeves on a trench coat anyway? :cursing: It looked ridiculous on so I returned it on my way home from work. You would think that for almost 1K (with the PCE discount) they could put real sleeves on it.:tdown:

Attachments

• trenchcoat.jpeg
    trenchcoat.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 121
Well, I ordered this in Gray using my PCE. I was so disappointed when I received it today. Although the color is lovely and the leather is amazing (almost identical to my Gray Braided Zoe) I was shocked to discover that it has 3/4 length sleeves. I would never have guessed that by looking at the pictures. Who puts 3/4 length sleeves on a trench coat anyway? :cursing: It looked ridiculous on so I returned it on my way home from work. You would think that for almost 1K (with the PCE discount) they could put real sleeves on it.:tdown:

SERIOUSLY??? OMG!!! I thought it had full length sleeves too!! I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you!!! :sad:

Wow - no kidding - that's a pretty "fashiony" move for Coach! I totally agree, on something that expensive and a trench, I'd want long sleeves for sure - that's a coat that you'll want to wear forever!

I have a tan trench coat from Banana Republic that has 3/4 sleeves, but it's pretty lightweight (not leather) and cost less than $200. For a leather coat that has that price tag, full sleeves would have to be there for me. Sorry you were disappointed!

Since last year, Coach has been doing 3/4 sleeves on all of the trendy coats. I assume they are more for people in warmer climates that do not get below 60 degrees in the winter.

Since last year, Coach has been doing 3/4 sleeves on all of the trendy coats. I assume they are more for people in warmer climates that do not get below 60 degrees in the winter.

I'm sure you're right about that. I was sooooo tempted to keep it because it honestly is a beautiful coat. However, when I'm spending that kind of money I'd really like the item to be more 'timeless' and not so trendy. Plus, up here in New England we don't always have the nicest weather in the winter :Push:

Wow....it really looks like it has full length sleeves in the photo. Weird.
we have to take into consideration that the model probably weighs 90 lbs, even if she is 5'8" lol. I hate ordering wearables, because I need to try things on. The houndstooth coat you can see is 3/4 sleeve. I wouldn't be able to wear a 3/4 sleeve past October here in Ohio.

I don't think it would look strange, but as you said, if you live in harsh weather conditions during the winter then it would be impractical for you. For me however, living in southern California, it never gets all that cold here, and that would be a drop-dead gorgeous coat to be seen wearing around here. Additionally I don't think that 3/4 sleeves are any less timeless than full length sleeves personally.

I do think you made the right decision on returning it though. It's really too bad the SA didn't inform you of this when you ordered it (I assume you ordered in store since you mentioned you used PCE) - I see that it's not even mentioned on the coach website about the sleeve length, but you would think that coach would arm their SAs with additional info that's not on the site.

That's dissappointing, especially since your climate doesn't allow you to use it all Fall/Winter. I'd bet that someone living in a warm-all-year City would love the 3/4 sleeves. The style is truly classic, but the 3/4 sleeves does make it trendy.

It's a beautiful jacket and COACH just needs to state that important detail in the description, so the purchaser isn't surprised and let down.

I hope that you find something else that wins your :heart:!