shoptheshoebox.com nightmare

2manybags

O.G.
Dec 29, 2006
I stumbled on this site and ordered a pair of shoes since they had the best price online. Usually I read reviews before purchasing from a new site but this time I didn't.

I placed an order over a week ago...was initially told that it would take 5-7 days for the shoes to ship out/receive shipping notice. It's been over 7 days and there's been no communication from the company. I have emailed for an update and asked to have my order cancelled and received no response.

So, I have no idea what's going on with my order, but of course, they made sure to take my money right away.

The reviews online for this site are horrible and I feel like it's going to be a huge hassle to get this resolved. I'm going to contact the Better Business Bureau and open a complaint.

Just wanted others to be wary and cautious of shoptheshoebox.com.

I stumbled on this site and ordered a pair of shoes since they had the best price online. Usually I read reviews before purchasing from a new site but this time I didn't.

I placed an order over a week ago...was initially told that it would take 5-7 days for the shoes to ship out/receive shipping notice. It's been over 7 days and there's been no communication from the company. I have emailed for an update and asked to have my order cancelled and received no response.

So, I have no idea what's going on with my order, but of course, they made sure to take my money right away.

The reviews online for this site are horrible and I feel like it's going to be a huge hassle to get this resolved. I'm going to contact the Better Business Bureau and open a complaint.

Just wanted others to be wary and cautious of shoptheshoebox.com.

Did you try calling them? They have stores all over the NY Metro area. I am not defending them, as I have only shopped there in person, but many of their stores are located in upscale malls/shopping ares so presumably someone might be able to help you in the name of customer service. Good luck, keep us posted.

I finally heard back and they don't know what happened to my order and don't know why it hasn't shipped out. So, they agreed to refund my money. I'm so glad to get this issue resolved.

I live in Melbourne, Australia and have placed 2 orders and bought 10 bags (for myself and as gifts to others) and a pair of boots and the delivery of my goods took approximately 10 days for each order. I even had to email the customer service centre as they had a made an error and sent a wrong bag and their service was fantastic!!!! They responded within 24 hours! I have been SOOOOOOO HAPPY with this website and service to date...maybe you just need to be a little patient. Good Luck, I'm sure you will receive your goods in no time :smile:

I agree that people should be wary of this awful site. I've NEVER managed to successfully purchase anything from them. They kept taking my payments THEN cancelling my orders due to lack of stock - despite the items being up on the website and no indication of them being out of stock! I only even gave them more than one chance because the prices on the particular items I wanted were great, but after the second go I sent them an angry email and I have not looked at their website ever since. I mean, as an international buyer, even though they refunded me, I lost a foreign transaction fee every single time. Total incompetence.

x

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that people should be wary of this awful site. I've NEVER managed to successfully purchase anything from them. They kept taking my payments THEN cancelling my orders due to lack of stock - despite the items being up on the website and no indication of them being out of stock! I only even gave them more than one chance because the prices on the particular items I wanted were great, but after the second go I sent them an angry email and I have not looked at their website ever since. I mean, as an international buyer, even though they refunded me, I lost a foreign transaction fee every single time. Total incompetence.

x
Agree, just one word for this site- awful, and I still waiting for my refund.